ON-GOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Mitigating Anthropogenic Impacts and Risks on the Environmental Integrity of Kilim Karst Geoforest Park. GUP-2018-120. RM60000. 15 November 2018 – 14 February 2021. Principal Investigator.
- The Fundamentals of Malaysia’s Mangroves: Dynamics, Connectivity and Complexity. FRGS/1/2017/WAB07/UKM/02/1. RM112000. 15 August 2017 – 14 May 2021. Principal Investigator.
COMPLETED RESEARCH PROJECTS
- The Fundamental Influence of Nitrogen on Nutrient Cycles and Dynamics in Malaysia’s Restored, Managed and Intact Mangroves. XX-2018-005. RM50000. 1 August 2018 – 31 July 2017. Principal Investigator.
- The Status, Dynamics and Connectivity of Mangroves in Tioman Marine Park, Pahang. XX-2018-007. RM30000. 1 August 2018 – 31 December 2018. Principal Investigator.
- Contributions of calcifying green macroalgae and higher macrophytes towards carbon and nitrogen sequestration in marine habitats. GUP-2018-031. RM80000. 15 August 2018 – 14 August 2020. Co-Researcher.
- Assessing Coastal Vulnerability Due to Climate Change towards Sustainable Community in Malaysia. AP-2015-009. RM350000. 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2017. Co-Researcher.
- Establishment of Sustainability Science Demonstration Site on Water and Environmental Sustainability Education Linked with Ecotourism in Langkawi Geopark. XX-2015-007 (UNESCO). RM210000. 1 July 2015 – 31 December 2017. Co-Researcher.
- Disrupted Ecosystem Connectivity and Ecological Dynamics of the Tidal Wetland Complex: A Pressing Issue for Natural Heritage Conservation. GUP-2014-032. RM70000. 1 August 2014 – 31 July 2017. Principal Investigator.
- Influence of Mangrove Biodiversity on Accumulation of Carbon and Resilience to Sea Level Rise: A Comparative Assessment Among Disturbed, Restored and Intact Mangrove Systems. ARCP2014-14NMY(B&ES)-Salmo (Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research). US$ 40,000 (Year 1); US$25,000 (Year 2); US$20,000 (Year3). 1 May 2014 – 30 April 2017. Co-Researcher.
- Exploring Sustainability Concept, Prospect, Methodologies and Processes: The Complexity and Ecosystem Connectivity of Malaysia’s Tidal Wetlands. ERGS/1/2012/STWN01/UKM/03/2. RM87200. 1 June 2012 – 30 November 2015. Principal Investigator.
- Pembentukan Halatuju Pembangunan Lestari Sumber Hutan dan Air di Negeri Pahang [Towards Sustainable Development of Forest and Water Resources in the State of Pahang]. XX-03-2012. RM165000. 1 April 2012 – 31 December 2013. Co-Researcher.
- Mangroves of Langkawi: Habitat Dynamics and the Significance of Their Presence in the Geopark Landscape. UKM-GGPM-PLW-033-2010. RM20000.00. 1 June 2010 – 30 June 2012. Principal Investigator.
- The Regeneration Dynamics of Malaysian Mangroves: A Central Model for the Indo-West Pacific Region. UKM-GUP-2011-271. RM30000.00. 8 August 2011 – 7 August 2012. Principal Investigator.
- Exploring Sustainable Island Tourism in Langkawi Geopark. UKM-GUP-2011-273. RM30000. 8 August 2011 – 7 August 2012. Co-Researcher.
- Kajian Mobiliti Akademik di IPTA: Memperkasakan Ahli Akademik untuk Pembangunan Negara [Academic Mobility in Malaysian Public Universities: Empowering Academics for Nation Building]. GG/001/2012 (GL). 1 January 2012 – 31 December 2012. Co-Researcher.