The Centre of Water Research and Analysis (ALIR) is a research centre that was established in 2005 at the School of
Chemical Sciences and Food Technology under the Faculty of Science and Technology, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
OBJECTIVES OF ALIR
This research centre focus mainly on activities that are related to water chemistry and analysis. Among the main objectives
of the Centre are to become:
- A centre of excellence in water research, consultancy and training in water analyses and related subjects.
- A centre of reference in technology of water analysis, water quality standards and guidelines and water policies.
- A research centre for the development of new and novel techniques in water analysis.
- A service centre providing high quality and accredited services in water analysis to the public.
ORGANISATION OF ALIR
The Centre of Water Research and Analysis consists of 3 sections:
- Water Analysis Research and Method Development Section.
- Water Analysis Training Section
- Water Analysis Services Section