Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dee Chang Fu (Chang Fu Dee)
PhD, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, National University of Malaysia
Office : B2 Level 4, Research Complex, Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Tel : +(603)- 89118546
Email : cfdee(a)ukm.edu.my, deechangfu(a)gmail.com
Chang Fu Dee is currently working as associate professor at Institute of Microengineering and Nanoelectronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM). He got his B. Sc. in Physics, M. Sc. in organic electronic from Physics Department, University of Malaya and pursued his PhD under the National Science Fellowship at The National University of Malaysia. He was doing research on GaN technology when he worked as postdoctoral fellow at Compound Semiconductor Device Laboratory, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan. His main research fields are nano-material synthesis, characterization and applications.
Nanostructures growth, Compound semiconductor, Gas sensing and solar cell applications for nanostructure materials
Recent Selected publications
- Shih-Chien Liu, Chung-Kai Huang, Chia-Hua Chang, Yueh-Chin Lin, Bo-Yuan Chen, Szu-Ping Tsai, Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, Chang-Fu Dee, And Edward Yi Chang, Effective Passivation with High-Density Positive Fixed Cha for GaN MIS-HEMTs, IEEE Journal of the Electron Devices Society, May 2017 5 (3) 170-174. DOI: 10.1109/Jeds.2017.2669100
- Teck-Yaw Tiong, Chang-Fu Dee, Azrul Azlan Hamzah, Boon Tong Goh, Yuan-Yee Wong, Lia Ooi, Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, Muhamad Mat Salleh, Ishaq Ahmad, A rapid responding ultraviolet sensor based on multi-parallel aligned ZnO nanowires field effect transistor, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Volume 260, 15 June 2017, 139–145. DOI: 1016/j.sna.2017.04.022
- Azianty Saroni, Mahdi Alizadeh, Saadah Abdul Rahman, Chang Fu Dee, Boon Tong Goh, Composition and optical property controlled in In2O3/W2N nanostructure composites by nitrogen plasma assisted in-situ thermal annealing, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Vol 68, September 2017, Pages 6-14. DOI: 10.1016/j.mssp.2017.05.030
- Kok Hong Tan, Hing Wah Lee, Jhih-Wei Chen, Chang Fu Dee, Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, Ai Kah Soh, Chung-Lin Wu, Siang-Piao Chai, and Wei Sea Chang, Self-Assembled Heteroepitaxial AuNPs/SrTiO3: Influence of AuNPs Size on SrTiO3 Band Gap Tuning for Visible Light-Driven Photocatalyst, Phys. Chem. C, 2017, 121 (25), pp 13487–13495. DOI: 10.1021/acs.jpcc.7b02410
- Alizadeh, M., V. Ganesh, B. Goh, Dee, A. R. Mohmad and S. Rahman (2016). “Effect of nitrogen flow rate on structural, morphological and optical properties of In-rich InxAl 1− x N thin films grown by plasma-assisted dual source reactive evaporation.” Applied Surface Science 378: 150-156.
- Chu, C.-M., Y.-C. Lin, W.-I. Lee, F. Dee, Y.-Y. Wong, B. Y. Majlis, M. M. Salleh, S. L. Yap and E. Y. Chang (2016). “Reliability study of high-κ La2O3/HfO2 and HfO2/La2O3 stacking layers on n-In0. 53Ga0. 47As metal–oxide–semiconductor capacitor.” Applied Physics Express 9(2): 021203.
- Hsieh, T.-E., Y.-C. Lin, C.-M. Chu, Y.-L. Chuang, Y.-X. Huang, W.-C. Shi, -F. Dee, B. Y. Majlis, W.-I. Lee and E. Y. Chang (2016). “Au-Free GaN High-Electron-Mobility Transistor with Ti/Al/W Ohmic and WN X Schottky Metal Structures for High-Power Applications.” Journal of Electronic Materials 45(7): 3285-3289.
- Huang, W.-C., C.-M. Chu, C.-F. Hsieh, Y.-Y. Wong, K.-w. Chen, W.-I. Lee, Y.-Y. Tu, E.-Y. Chang, C. F. Dee and B. Majlis (2016). “The Effect of the Thickness of the Low Temperature AlN Nucleation Layer on the Material Properties of GaN Grown on a Double-Step AlN Buffer Layer by the MOCVD Method.” Journal of Electronic Materials 45(2): 859-866.
- Liu, S.-C., H.-D. Trinh, G.-M. Dai, C.-K. Huang, -F. Dee, B. Y. Majlis, D. Biswas and E. Y. Chang (2016). “Effective surface treatment for GaN metal–insulator–semiconductor high-electron-mobility transistors using HF plus N2 plasma prior to SiN passivation.” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics 55(1S): 01AD06.
- Su Kong Chong, Chang Fu Dee and Saadah Abdul Rahman, Single reactor deposition of silicon/tungsten oxide core–shell heterostructure nanowires with controllable structure and optical properties, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 2346. DOI:1039/C4RA13257B
- Wei-Ching Huang, Chung-Ming Chu, Chi-Feng Hsieh, Yuen-Yee Wong, Kai-Wei Chen, Wei-I Lee, Yung-Yi Tu, Edward-Yi Chang, Chang Fu Dee, B.Y. Majlis, And S.L. Yap, The Effect of the Thickness of the Low Temperature AlN Nucleation Layer on the Material Properties of GaN Grown on a Double-Step AlN Buffer Layer by the MOCVD Method, Journal of Electronic Materials, February 2016, Volume 45, Issue 2, pp 859-866
- Siti Khatijah Md Saad, Akrajas Ali Umar, Hong Quan Nguyen, Chang Fu Dee, Muhamad Mat Salleh, Munetaka Oyama, Porous (001)-faceted Zn-doped anatase TiO2 nanowalls and their heterogeneous photocatalytic characterization, RSC Advances DOI: 10/2014; 4:57054–57063
- Chang Fu Dee, Su Kong Chong, Saadah Abdul Rahman, Fatin Saiha Omar, Nay Ming Huang, Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis and Muhammad Mat Salleh, Hierarchical Si/ZnO trunk-branch nanostructure for photocurrent enhancement, Nanoscale Research Letters 2014, 9:469. DOI: 10.1186/1556-276X-9-469
- Su Kong Chong, Chang Fu Dee and Saadah Abdul Rahman, Single reactor deposition of silicon/tungsten oxide core-shell heterostructure nanowires with controllable structure and optical properties Article citation: RSC Adv., 2015, 5 (3), 2346 – 2353. DOI: 1039/C4RA13257B
- Siti Khatijah Md Saad, Akrajas Ali Umar, Hong Quan Nguyen, Chang Fu Dee, Muhammad Mat Salleh and Munetaka Oyama, Porous (001)-faceted Zn-doped anatase TiO2 nanowalls and their heterogeneous photocatalytic characterization, RSC Advances 10/2014; 4:57054–57063. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA08991J
- Teck Yaw Tiong, Chang Fu Dee, Azrul Azlan Hamzah (K014762), Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, Saadah Abdul Rahman, Enhancement of CuO and ZnO nanowires methanol sensing properties with diode-based structure, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, Vol. 202, 31 October 2014, Pg. 1322–1332. DOI: 10.1016/j.snb.2014.05.126
- Chang Fu Dee, Teck Yaw Tiong, Binni Varghese, Chorng-Haur Sow, Yuan-Yee Wong, Ishaq Ahmad, G. Husnain, Edward Yi-Chang, Yu-Lin Hsiao, Hung-Wei Yu, Hong-Quan Nguyen, Muhamad Mat Salleh & Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, The growth of pine-leaf-like hierarchical SnO2 nanostructures, Journal of Experimental Nanoscience, Journal of Experimental Nanoscience 10/2014; 9(9).
- Su Kong Chong, Eng Liang Lim, Chi Chin Yap, Wee Siong Chiu, Chang Fu Dee, Saadah Abdul Rahman, Hierarchical-Oriented Si/ZnO Heterostructured Nanowires, Science of Advanced Materials 01/2014; 6:782-792. DOI: 10.1166/sam.2014.1768