- To conduct basic and applied research on learner diversity that have significant impact on national policy, school activities and community.
- To provide platform for collaborative research on learner diversity among diverse institutions.
- To provide network for research collaboration nationally, regionally, and internationally in the forms of databases, websites, books, journals, bulletins, monographs and proceedings.
- To promote intellectual discourse through visiting fellowship, conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- To promote platform for consultation and expert advisory on issues related to learner diversity.