Candidates who possess the following criteria are invited to apply as a full-time MSc/PhD (research mode) student in Faculty of Pharmacy, UKM:
- Bachelor Degree with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) ≥ 3.20/ 4.0 or equivalent in Science or health-related field (e.g. chemistry/pharmacy/ biomedicine) OR Master’s degree in similar field.
- Able to conduct a research project involving cell culture techniques (anti allergic assay using RBL-2H3 /anti-inflammatory assay using U937), isolation (using column chromatography, hplc etc) and identification of bioactive compounds (nmr, ms, uv and ir).
- Excellent proficiency in English and Malay language (written and spoken).
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Right sense of urgency, hardworking, pro-active, and willing to learn new skills/things.
- Open for both Malaysian (self sponsored) and international applications (those with scholarships only).
- Duration of project-2-3 year.
- Project entitled:
- “Mechanistic studies on anti-allergic of standardized extract of “Phyllanthus amarus and Phyllantus niruri”.
- Inhibitory effects of a novel α,β-unsaturated carbonyl-based compound on NF-kB, MAPK and PI3K-Akt signaling pathways in U937 macrophages, histamine and β-hexosaminidase release in RBL-2H3 cells.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please send your CVs and academic transcript to Assoc. Prof. Dr Khairana Husain, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Dateline for application: now on wards till to filled up the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.