Vacancy for MSc/ PhD– in Natural Products Research
Candidates who possess the following criteria are invited to apply as a full-time MSc/PhD (research mode) student in Faculty of Pharmacy, UKM:
- Bachelor Degree with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) ≥ 3.20/ 4.0 or equivalent in Science or health-related field (e.g. chemistry/pharmacy/ biomedicine) OR Master’s degree in similar field.
- Able to conduct a research project involving cell culture techniques (anti allergic assay), isolation (using column chromatography, hplc etc) and identification of bioactive compounds (nmr, ms, uv and ir).
- Excellent proficiency in English and Malay language (written and spoken).
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Right sense of urgency, hardworking, pro-active, and willing to learn new skills/things.
- Open for both Malaysian (self sponsored) and international applications (those with scholarships only).
- Duration of project-2-3 year.
- Project entitled “Mechanistic studies on anti-allergic of standardized extract of “Phyllanthus amarus and Phyllantus niruri”.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please send your CVs and academic transcript to Assoc. Prof. DrKhairana Husain, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dateline for application: now onwards till to filled up the the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.