Vacancy for PhD (local candidates only)– in Natural Products Research (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Khairana Husain)
Vacancy for PhD (local candidates only)– in Natural Products Research
Candidates who possess the following criteria are invited to apply as a full-time PhD (research mode) student in Faculty of Pharmacy, UKM:
- Bachelor Degree with Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) ≥ 40/ 4.0 or equivalent in Science or health-related field (e.g. chemistry/pharmacy/ biomedicine) OR Master’s degree in similar field.
- Able to conduct a research project involving cell culture techniques (anti allergic assay), isolation (using column chromatography, hplc, pre-hplc, etc) and identification of bioactive compounds (nmr, ms, uv and ir).
- Excellent proficiency in English and Malay language (written and spoken).
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Right sense of urgency, hardworking, pro-active, and willing to learn new skills/things.
- Open for Malaysian applications only.
- Duration of project-2-3 year.
- Project entitled “Mechanistic studies on anti-allergic activity of Anaxagorea javanica Blume extracts and their isolated compounds”.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please send your CVs and academic transcript to Assoc. Prof. Dr Khairana Husain, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Dateline for application: now on wards till to filled up the the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.