How to Apply?
Applications for full time study programmes for STPM, Matriculation, STAM and Diploma / Equivalent must be submitted via Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia’s Online Application via UPU online application . Applications for studies in all the programmes offered are published in local newspapers between the month of December and February every year.
Advertisements for the Second Channel intake (full time programmes) are published in November every year and applications for this must be submitted via UKM Online Application.
International overseas candidates who are interested in enrolling for the full time study programmes must submit their applications via UKM Online Application which will be made available by January of each year.
Read more on admission requirements for non-Malaysian citizen and International students at the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia website
International undergraduate students are managed by specially designed programmes between the governments. Currently there is an allocation of only 1% for international students. For the time being, all undergraduate courses in UKM use Bahasa Melayu as the medium of instruction.
Future students can apply online for the new intake via UKM’s online application .
Masters Programmes by Coursework and Dissertation:
- A Bachelor Degree with honours in the relevant field from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning recognized by the Government of Malaysia; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Bachelor degree with other relevant experience in a related field recognized by the SENATE of UKM ; ( with a minimum 2.67 CGPA and 5 years experience
- Other requirements as stipulated in the Graduate Studies Act, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
MPhil and PhD Programmes by Research Only :
- A Master Degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia o any other institutions of higherr learning recognized by the Government of Malaysia with a minimum 3.00 CGPA ; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree ( in a relevant field ) with other relevant experience in a related field recognized by the SENATE of UKM ;
- A research proposal in the intended field of study.
- English Language : TOEFL 550 or IELTS Band 6 ***
- All foreign students are also required to take an English Language Placement Test ( ELPT ) and the English Language courses if stipulated by the University based on thei performance on the ELPT ****
- Malay Language : All foreign students are required to follow two (2) courses equivalent to 4 units of Malay Language. ****
- Exemptions can be given to candidates who have taken and passed Malay Language courses organized by other bodies recognized by the SENATE of UKM
Useful Links for your Application
- Postgraduate Tuition Fees (Local Students)
- Postgraduate Tuition Fees (International Students)
- Undergraduate Tuition Fees (Local and International)