How to Apply?
Future local students can start applying online for the 2013/2014 intake via UKM online application .
Applications for studies in all programs offered will be published in local newspapers between December and February of each year.
International overseas candidates who are interested in enrolling for the full time study programs must submit their applications via UKM Online Application which will be made available by January of each year.
Read more on admission requirements for non-Malaysian citizen and International students at the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia website
Future students can apply online for the 2013/2014 intake via UKM’s online application .
- Bachelor Degree with a good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine or Dentistry from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning or its equivalent recognised by the Senate; or
- Diploma in related field with at least five years of working experience related to the field applied; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to Bachelor Degree or experience recognised by the Senate.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes:
- Master’s degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to Master’s degree or relevant qualifications and experience recognised by the Senate; or
- Students undertaking Master’s degree on a full-time basis in Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia and are approved by the Faculty’s Graduate Studies Committee for a status change to the Doctor of Philosophy Programme, with the approval from the Dean of the Centre for Graduate Management; or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.67 from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or any institutions of higher learning which are recognised by the Senate; or
- Candidates who are accepted into the Programme may be provisioned to undertake a Master of Philosophy Programme before permitted into the Doctor of Philosophy Programme, subject to satisfactory study progress.
- * Candidates from the government or private sector must include written permission from their respective Heads of Department/Employer upon submitting their application forms.
Candidates intending to write their thesis in English or intend to enroll in graduate programmes conducted in English are required to attain a minimum score of 550 for the TOEFL test or a band 5 for the IELTS or attend and pass the English Proficiency Module in UKM as a prerequisite for entry into graduate programs at UKM.
Useful Links for your Application
- Postgraduate Tuition Fees (Local Students)
- Postgraduate Tuition Fees (International Students)
- Undergraduate Tuition Fees (Local and International)