Centre for Consumerism, Environmental Safety and Public Health (CESPHe)
Centre for Consumerism, Environmental Safety & Public Health also known as (“CESPHe”) established under the auspices of Faculty of Law, UKM with specific purposes to enhance the research, publication and strategic networking in the field of Consumer, Environment, Competition and Public Health law.
The first meeting was held on 12th of Mei 2017 chaired by Assoc Prof Dr. Sakina Shaik Ahmad Yusof (Interim Chairman). 11 academic members has elected Assoc Prof Dr. Rasyikah Md Khalid and Assoc Prof Dr. Suzanna Mohamed Isa as Chairman and Vice Chairman of CESPHe.
CESPHe has 3 cluster units namely (1) Consumerism Unit, (2) Environmental Safety and (3) Public Health Safety.
Other members of CESPHe include:-
- Prof Dr Zinatul Asyiqin Zainol;
- Prof Dr Nazura Abdul Manap;
- Assoc Prof Dr. Sakina Shaik Ahmad Yusof;
- Assoc Prof Dr. Rahmah Ismail (Head of Consumerism Unit);
- Dr. Hanim Kamaruddin (Head of Environmental Safety Unit);
- Assoc Prof Dr. Anisah Che Ngah (Head of Public Safety Unit);
- Assoc Prof Shamsuddin Suhor;
- Assoc Prof Dr. Safinaz Mohd Hussein;
- Assoc Prof Dr. Hanif Ahamat;
- Assoc Prof Dr. Mohammad Rizal Abd Rahman
- Dr. Mazliza Mohamad;
- Dr Haniwarda;
- Pn Siti Noorafizah Azizan; and
- En Noorfajri Ismail
CESPHe will continue its existing strategic collaboration with a few domestic and international organisation as follows:-
- Federation of Malaysian Consumer Associations (FOMCA);
- Jabatan Peguam Negara Malaysia;
- Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi dan Kepenggunaan Malaysia;
- Malaysian Consumer and Family Economics Association (MACFEA);
- Malaysian Competition Commission (MyCC);
- Consumers’ International;
- Chonnam National University Korea;
- Kyoto University Jepun;
- Ryukoku University Kyoto Jepun; and
- Working Group on Japanese Consumer Law.
List of Consultation under CESPHe; (Past and Ongoing)
- National Consumer Policy (Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumerism)(National) – 2000-2001.
- National Council of Advisory for Consumers (Unfair Contract Terms under Consumers Protection Act 1999) – 2009
- Review of the Consumer Protection Act 1999 (FOMCA/KPDNKK) – 2006-2010
- Consumer Council of Fiji (Resource Person for The Workshop on Consumer Protection for Judiciary (Project Under CI)) – 2012
- Law Revision of Contract Act 1950 (Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia) – 2010-2013
- Doktrine of Privity of Contract (Attorney General’s Chambers of Malaysia) – 2012 – present.
- Special Project for Improvement of Consumer’s Protection in Purchasing Motor Vehicle (Standards Users – National Level) – 2016 – present.
- Guidance on Consumer Warranties and Guaranties (Standards Users- National Level) – 2016 – present.
- Guidance on Consumer Warranties and Guaranties (International Organisation of Standardisation – International Level) – 2016 – present.
Last edited: 06/06/2017