The Centre for Studies on Learner Diversity, Faculty of Education, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia welcomes practitioners, academics and students to participate in our conference, , the 4th International Conference on Learner Diversity, 2014. Diversity continues to be a constant feature in most parts of the world today and is well observed in multicultural Malaysia. This challenge has brought new horizons for the world communities to understand and respond to racial, cultural, class and ability differences. Educators, professionals, and practitioners are striving to equip ourselves with the knowledge, skills and dispositions needed to respond to varied needs of stakeholders. The education setting especially has much to contribute in educating others to celebrate and honor diversity.
- To enhance societal awareness towards diverse learners in schools and society
- To disseminate new research findings related to learner diversity
- To enhance intellectual dialogues and exchange of ideas
- To share effective practices with regard to learner diversity among practitioners
- To promote networking among stakeholders
- To attract greater involvement of Non Government Organizations (NGO), Non Profit Organizations (NPO), Government Linked Companies (GLC) and the private sector in educating diverse learners
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Teachers and School Administrators
- NGO activists and advocators
- Peace educators
- Life-long learners
- Diversity trainers
- Bahasa Melayu / English