About Resource Centre
A resource centre with an up-to-date and specialized collection is an absolute necessity for any research institute like IKMAS. Bearing this in mind, IKMAS has set up a resource centre soon after its inauguration in order to collect reference materials
(particularly state of the art, and current ones) concerning Malaysian and International Studies within the framework of globalization, occidentalism and social transformation.
The Ishak Shari Resourse Centre is located in one of the wings in the IKMAS premises, directly opposite the office of the API Fellowship Programme. It is equipped with various facilities to enable students to take advantage of the centre’s collections for their research.
RESOURCE CENTRE CATALOGUE
The Resource Centre Online Catalogue, ePustaka, facilities easy identification of books, serial publications and other materials located at the resource centre.
ePustaka may be accessed from any network computer. Bibliographical information of the library’s materials can be accessed by:
• Author, Editor
• Call Number
It also provides patron’s record via user ID and password.
ePustaka can be accessed via the web gateway at the following URL :
• Loan of books
• Reference of collections
• Free Wi-Fi (Please get the password from the counter)
8.30 am – 12.30 midday
2.30 pm – 4.30 pmFriday
8.30 am – 12.00 midday
3.00 pm – 4.30 pmSaturday & Sunday
1. Open to all students and staff of UKM.
2. Only employees who have a student / employee card are allowed to borrow the collections.
1. All users of Ishak Shari Resource Center must first register as a member before being allowed to borrow the resource center’s collections.
2. The membership registration is needed to ease the work of ascertaining the background of the borrower and facilitate gathering of statistical data.
3. Registration can be made at the Ishak Shari Resource Centre.
4. The applicant must fill in the membership form and provide one (1) photos passport size).
5. The applicants are also required to bring along student / employee card during registration.
6. Members who have registered will be indicated on their employee / student card.
7. Upon registration, new members will be given the guidebook of Ishak Shari Resource Centre.
8. Membership is not transferable and is valid for one (1) year.
TERMS OF LOAN
|Undergraduate Student||2 Books||7 Days|
|Post-Graduate Student||5 Books||15 Days|
|Academic Staff||7 Books||30 Days|
|Academic Staff(Part-time/ Visiting)||7 Books||15 Days|
|Officer||5 Books||15 Days|
|General Staff||2 Books||7 Days|