Assoc. Prof. Dr. Md. Shabiul Islam, MIEEE
Research Fellow / Senior Lecturer
Phone : +603-8911 8165
E-mail : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
-Ph.D. on VLSI Design (Digital) in Engineering (Multimedia University, Malaysia.), 2008.
-M.Sc. on Microcontroller based System Design in Engineering (Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia), 1996.
-M.Sc. on Application of Microprocessor in Applied Physics & Electronics (University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh), 1986.
-B.Sc. in Applied Physics & Electronics (University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh), 1985.
– Micro/Nano System Design
– VLSI Design
– Energy Harvesting for Ultra-Low-Power (ULP) Electronics Devices
– Circuit Design
– DSP Hardware Implementation on FPGA using VHDL/Verilog/DFL Language
– FPGA Realization based on Fuzzy Logic (FL) Algorithm
– Embedded system design and interfacing using Microcontroller.
Field of Interest:
– VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) Design
– Digital Systems
– Digital Integrated Circuits
– Microprocessor/Micro controller System and Interfacing
– Digital Logic Design
– Advanced Microprocessor
– Advanced Computer Architecture
– Computer Organization and Architecture.
EXPERIENCES IN TEACHING AND EDUCATION:
– Associate Professor (March, 2012-present), Institute of Microengineering and Nano-electronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University Malaysia), 43600 Bangi, UKM, Selangor, Malaysia.
-Senior Lecturer (2009-2012), Institute of Microengineering and Nano-electronics (IMEN), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University Malaysia), 43600 Bangi, UKM, Selangor, Malaysia.
-Lecturer (1999–2009), Faculty of Engineering, Multimedia University (MMU), 63100 Cyberjaya, selangor, Malaysia.
-Research Assistant (1993-1999), Department of Electrical, Electronic & Systems Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia), 43600 Bangi, UKM, Selangor, Malaysia.
-Scientific Officer (1991-1993), Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission (BAEC), Saver, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
-Supervised Ph. D. students: 6-completed; 9-in progress.
-Supervised M.Sc. students: 12-completed; 1- in progress.
-Supervised B.Sc. student’s projects: 101-completed.
– Book: 3
– Journal papers: 52.
– Conference proceedings: 76
iii. Professional Affiliation:
-Member of IEEE (41493535).
-Member of Bangladesh Electronics Society
-Associate Member of Bangladesh Computer Society (AM476).
- Md. Shabiul Islam, Masuri Othman and Pankaj Kumar Choudhury. 2010. FPGA based Image Compression: Concepts, Developments & Implementation. Lambert Academic Publisher. PP. 1-129, ISBN: 978-3-8383-7050-7.
- A.S.M. Mukter Zaman, Aryuanto Soetedjo and Md. Shabiul Islam. 2012. Embedded Smart Security System: Concepts, Developments & Implementation. Lambert Academic Publisher. PP. 1-119, ISBN: 978-3-659-15306-8.
- Nowshad Amin, A.S.M. Mukter Zaman, and Md. Shabiul Islam. 2013. Integrated Energy Harvester for Wireless Sensor Network: An Integration of Solar Photovoltaic and Chemical based Energy Harvesters. Lambert Academic Publisher. PP. 1-147, ISBN: 978-3-659-43715-1.
ii. Journal Publications (10):
- Md. Shabiul Islam, M. Salim Beg, M. S. Bhuyan, and Masuri Othman. 2006. Design and Implementation of Discrete Cosine Transform Chips for Digital Consumer Products. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, USA. August, Vol. 52, No. 3, PP. 998–1003.
- Mukter Zaman, Md. Shabiul Islam and K. Ramasamy. 2007. ToF measurement based novel top edge detection algorithm for a smart security system, IEICE Electron. Express, Vol. 4, No. 20, pp.617-623.
- Md. Shabiul Islam, Nowshad Amin, M.S.Bhuyan, M. Zaman, B. Madon, and M Othman. October 2007. FPGA Realization of Fuzzy Temperature Controller for Industrial Application. WSEAS Transactions on Systems and Control. Issue 10, Volume 2, PP. 484-490. ISSN:1991-8763.
- M.S. Bhuyan, Md.Shabiul Islam,Md.Azrul Hasni Madesa, and Masuri Othman. 2009. FPGA Realization of Inverse Discrete Wavelet Transform for JPEG2000. IEICE Electronics Express (ELEX), Japan. Vol. 6, No. 6, pp.277-282.
- Rozita Teymourzadeh, Yazan Samir Algnabi, Masuri Othman, Md. Shabiul Islam and Jimmy Mok Vee Hong. (2010). VLSI Implementation of Novel Class of High Speed Pipelined Digital Signal Processing Filter for Wireless Receivers. American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 3(4), PP.663-669. ISSN 1941-7020.
- Mahidur R. Sarker, Sawal H. M. Ali, Masuri Othman, and Md. Shabiul Islam. (2011). Design a Low Voltage Energy Harvesting SoC System for Ultra-Low-Power Bio-medical Application. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 5(5), PP.341-345. ISSN 1991-8178.
- Mukter zaman, Gunawan Witjaksono, Masuri Othman, Shabiul Islam, and Nowshad Amin. (2012). Design of MEMS Based Energy Harvester to Profile Environmental Parameter Using Autonomous WSN Components. Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vols. 152-154, pp 1846-1851.
- M. S. Bhuyan, Masuri Othman, Sawal Hamid Md Ali, Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis and Md. Shabiul Islam. (2013). Investigation on MEMS-Based Piezoelectric Energy Harvester Design with Aspect of Autonomous Sensors. Asian Journal of Scientific Research. Vol. 6, PP. 1-15, ISSN 1992-1454.
- Ajay Achath Mohanan, Md Shabiul Islam, Sawal Hamid Md Ali, R. Parthiban and N. Ramakrishnan. (2013). Investigation into Mass Loading Sensitivity of Sezawa Wave Mode-Based Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors. Sensors 2013, 13, PP. 2164-2175.
- M. S. Bhuyan, B.Y. Majlis, M. Othman, Sawal H. Md Ali, C. Kalaivani and Md. Shabiul Islam. (2013). Development of a Fluid Actuated Piezoelectric Micro Energy Harvester: Finite Element Modeling Simulation and Analysis. Paper has been accepted in the Asian Journal of Scientific Research. Waiting for printed copy. ISSN 1992-1454.