Dr. Rhonira Latif
Research Fellow / Senior Lecturer
Phone. +603 89118557
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2009-2012 Ph.D in Electronic Engineering from the University of Edinburgh (UK), Major : MEMS for biomimetical applications
2004-2008 Master of Engineering (MEng) from Cardiff University (UK), Course : Electrical and Electronic Engineering
MEMS/NEMS devices and technology
Micro-sensors, RF devices and biomimicking devices
- Separation of macromolecules using tantalum-incorporated titanium thin membrane, GGPM-2016-032, Geran galakan penyelidik muda, May 2016 – April 2018, RM 45 000, Research project leader.
- Development of Adaptive Cochlear Biomodel from Carbon Nanotube (CNT)-Channel Resonant Gate Transistors (RGT), 03-01-14-SF0095 L00023, ScienceFund, July 2014 –December 2016, RM225 400, Research Project Leader.
- High Performance Energy Device Utilizing Carbon Materials: A Prototype of AC/Graphene/ CNT Based Electrochemical Capacitor, PJP/2013/FKP/ PROTOTAIP/S01291, UTeM Prototype Short Term Grant, Jan 2014 – Jan 2015, RM 20 000, Co-researcher.
- A Novel Adaptive MEMS Cochlear Biomodel for Neuromorphic Auditory Application: Device Design, Fabrication and Characterisation, PJP/2013/ FKEKK(8B)/S01163, UTeM Short Term Grant, June 2013 – Nov 2014, RM38 000, Research Project Leader.
First prize in Emerging Technology category and gold medal for Innovation and Technology Competition, UTeM, 2015, Title: Study of serpentine and crab leg MEMS resonator for cochlear biomodel.
MSc by research, Thailis Bounya Anak Ngelayang, Design and Optimisation of an Adaptive MEMS cochlear biomodel, UTeM, 2016. (Won 2nd runner up in 3 minute thesis competition)
ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH EMPLOYMENT HISTORY:
Senior lecturer, Faculty of Electronic and Computer Engineering, Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka, March 2013 – November 2015.
Manuscript reviewer for Journal of Engineering and Technology
Manuscript reviewer for the Journal of Telecommunication, Electronic and Computer Engineering
Conference Committee Member for IEEE-ICSE (International Conference on Semiconductor Electronics)
EXCO committee member for IEEE Electron Devices Malaysia Chapter
- R. Latif, E. Mastropaolo, A. Bunting, R. Cheung, T. Koickal, A. Hamilton, M. Newton, and L. Smith, “Microelectromechanical systems for biomimetical applications”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. C6N1-C6N6, 2010.
- R. Latif, E. Mastropaolo, A. Bunting, R. Cheung, T. Koickal, A. Hamilton, M. Newton, and L. Smith, “Low frequency tantalum electromechanical systems for biomimetical applications”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 06FE05/1-06FE05/6, 2011.
- T. Koickal, R. Latif, L. Gouveia, E. Mastropaolo, S. Wang, A. Hamilton, R. Cheung, M. Newton, and L. Smith, “Design of spike event coded RGT microphone for neuromorphic auditory systems,” IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, pp. 2465-2468, 15-18 May 2011.
- S. Wang, T. J. Koickal, A. Hamilton, E Mastropaolo, R. Latif R. Cheung, M. Newton and L. Smith, “A Low-Noise Interface Circuit for MEMS Cochlea-Mimicking Acoustic Sensors”, IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, South Korea, pp. 1151 – 1154, 2012
- E. Mastropaolo, R. Latif, T. J. Koickal, A. Hamilton, R. Cheung, M. Newton and L. Smith, “Bimaterial electro-mechanical systems for audio frequency application”, Journal of Vacuum, Science and Technology B- Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 06FD01, 2012
- E. Mastropaolo, R. Latif, E. Grady and R. Cheung, “Control of stress in tantalum thin films for the fabrication of 3D MEMS structures”, Journal of Vacuum, Science and Technology B- Microelectronics and Nanometer Structures, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 06FD02,2013
- A Ngelayang, T Bounya, BY Majlis, MA Azam, F Arith, R Latif, Platinum and Aluminium Microresonator Bridges for Artificial Basilar Membrane, Applied Mechanics and Materials 761, 2015, 462-467.
- TB Ngelayang, BY Majlis, R Latif, Straight Bridge Beams with Centered Diaphragm (SBBCD) design for MEMS cochlear biomodel, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Semiconductor Electronics (ICSE), 13-16
- MM Aqil, MA Azam, MF Aziz, R Latif, Deposition and characterization of molybdenum thin film using direct current magnetron and atomic force microscopy, Journal of Nanotechnology 2017
- Tuan Norjihan Tuan Yaakub, Jumril Yunas, Rhonira Latif, Azrul Azlan Hamzah, Mohd Farhanulhakim Mohd RazipWee and Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, Surface Modification of Electroosmotic Silicon Microchannel Using Thermal Dry Oxidation, Micromachines, 9, 2018, 222; doi:10.3390/mi9050222
- MF Jaafar, WAFW Ali, BY Majlis, J Yunas, R Latif, Design and Numerical Investigation of Porous Nanocrystalline Silicon Membrane Filtration Device for Artificial Kidney, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience 16 (7), 2019, 2695-2703
- MF bin Jaafar, R Latif, BY Majlis, Influence of Titanium Oxide Coating on Mechanical Properties of Porous Nanocrystalline Silicon Membrane, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Semiconductor Electronics (ICSE), 49-52