- To put Malaysia in the world of international politics in matters of climate change and related issues.
- Improving teaching at the undergraduate and doctorate level in the field of climate and climate change.
- Develop and enhance the skills and capabilities of universities and countries in the field of climate science and climate change, meteorology, climatology, atmospheric and oceanographic science, impacts and adaptation research and produce graduates with a bachelor of science, doctorate and post-doctorate level.
- Be inter-disciplinary research institute and cross-border in conducting research and educating graduates who are focused on climate variability, changes in ecosystems and interactions between human beings and nature.
- The referral center and abroad for teaching, research and development related to the latest technology.
- Become a depository for data and monitoring for all matters related to climate and climate change, and thus be able to generate revenue through research, consultation, advocacy and legislation.