Assalamu’alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,
Welcome to Dept. of Civil & Structural Engineering, Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
Department of Civil & Structural Engineering is offering four programs at undergraduate level (B.Eng) and post-graduate level. The programs are:
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering program
- Master of Civil Engineering program
- Master of Science (Engineering) program
- Doctor of Philosophy program
Bachelor of Civil Engineering program and Master of Civil Engineering program are carried out on Outcome Based Education (OBE). Master of Science and Philosophy Doctor programs are research programs.
Selected bachelor students could complete their final two semesters at University of Duisberg-Essen (UDE), Germany to get two bachelor degrees, from UKM and from UDE.
Besides teaching, our department is putting emphasis on research. Our research has produced many graduates at PhD level, several patented products and publications in respected international journals.
This department has several laboratories to support teaching and researches, among others:
- Light Structure Laboratory
- Heavy Structure Laboratory
- Intelligent System Laboratory
- Concrete Laboratory
- Geomatics Laboratory
- Intelligent Transport System (ITS) Laboratory
- Transportation Engineering Laboratory
- Environmental Laboratory
- ICPMS Laboratory
- Coastal and Water Resource Engineering Laboratory
- Remote Sensing and GIS Laboratory
- Geotechnic and Geoenvironmental Laboratory
I really hope that this website is providing you useful information.