All scholars are invited to submit manuscripts to Jurnal Komunikasi, Malaysian Journal of Communication. This journalprovides a forum for empirical inquiries on human and mass communication and welcome conceptual, philosophical and theoretical essays or debates, book reviews and essay reviews directly contributing to communication or indirectly affecting it as a discipline. We suggest the following broad areas of research:
- Communication and Policies
- Globalization and Social Impact
- Youth and Media Globalisation
- Audience Analysis
- Media and Tourism
- Media, Democracy and Integration
- Media Literacy and Media Education
- Media and Development
- Health Communication
- Politics, Hegemony and The Media
- ICT and Power
- Gender and Sexuality in The Media
- The Social Media and Subcultures
- Media/Popular Culture and Society
- Media and Religion
- Media and Identity
- War, Conflict and Communication
Other papers covering the study of any area pertaining to diversities in media and communication are also welcomed.
We accept original manuscripts that have not been published elsewhere or are under consideration at other journals or other publications either in electronic or printed form. The authors are responsible for obtaining permission from copyright owners for reproducing any illustrations, tables, figures or lengthy quotations (450 words or more) previously published elsewhere.
All review papers in this journal have undergone editorial screening and blind peer review process
- Authors are expected to carefully proofread their work before submission.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced typed pages, Times new Roman, Font 12.
- Manuscripts should be confined to approximately 6000 – 7000 words.
- An abstract not exceeding 250 words both in Bahasa Melayu and the English language is required for all articles (compulsory for bi-lingual speakers of Bahasa Melayu and the English language).
- A biodata of not more than 50 words should be included at the end of the manuscript.
- Manuscripts should conform to relevant stylistic guidelines of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Manuscripts should include:
- a. Title of manuscript
- b. Name of authors, affiliation and email address.
Authors may submit manuscripts online via email to:
Jurnal Komunikasi, Malaysian Journal of Communication (JK-MJC)
School of Media and Communication Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel: +6 03 8921 4387 Fax: +6 03 89213542
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org