Focus and Scope
Jurnal Kejuruteraan is a journal published by UKM Press and managed by Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. It provides an international forum for the publication of technical papers in all areas of engineering, built environment, engineering management and engineering education. It is a rigorously refereed publication devoted to the dissemination of research findings and application in all aspects of engineering and technology. It also provides a unique source of information on the research activities and trends in technology in Asia and all over the region in the world. The journal is international in both scope and outlook having contributors drawn from a wide range on countries. Members of the editorial board themselves are experts, practitioners, professionals, and academics in various fields of engineering.
This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process. Submitted articles will go through a rigorous peer/ editorial review process prior acceptance to ensure originality, relevance and the highest standards. Every effort will be made to ensure rapid publication. Papers will be accepted for publication on the basis of quality and originality of the work besides style and presentation.
All articles submitted to the Jurnal Kejuruteraan will be initially screened and checked using the plagiarism detection software.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
The editor of the Jurnal Kejuruteraan is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published.
The editor may be guided by the policies of the journal’s editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism. The editor may confer with other editors or reviewers in making this decision.
An editor at any time evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
Disclosure and conflicts of interest
Unpublished materials disclosed in a submitted manuscript must not be used in an editor’s own research without the express written consent of the author.
The names and e-mail addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
All articles published in this journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license, unless otherwise stated.
This journal is hosted by UKM Press, National University of Malaysia (UKM).
This is the statement of ethics for Jurnal Kejuruteraan (Journal of Engineering) published by Penerbit Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM Press). This statement was adapted from the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and covers the code of ethics for chief editor, editorial board members, reviewers and authors.
i) Duties Of Authors
• Have the responsibility of ensuring only new and original work is submitted.
• Must not reproduce work that has been previously published in other journals.
• Must not submit any articles that are being reviewed or considered by the journal to other journals simultaneously.
• Are only allowed to publish their work elsewhere after receiving a formal rejection from the journal or if their request to withdraw their work is officially accepted by the journal.
• Must inform the Chief Editor or the publisher of any inaccuracy of data in their published work so that correction or retraction of article can be done.
• Should make significant contributions and be held accountable for any shortcoming in their work.
ii) Duties Of Reviewers
• Must disclose any competing interest before agreeing to review a submission.
• Can refuse to review any submission due to a conflict of interest or inadequate knowledge.
• Review all submissions objectively, fairly and professionally.
• Reveal any ethical misconduct encountered while reviewing to the Chief Editor for further action.
• Should ensure the originality of a submission and be alert to any plagiarism and redundant publication.
• Must not discuss the content of the submission without permission.
• Adhere to the time allocated for the review process. Request for extension to review the submission is at the discretion of the Chief Editor.
iii) Duties Of Editorial Board Members
• Actively contribute to the development and the greater good of the journal.
• Act as ambassadors for the journal.
• Continuously support and promote the journal.
• Review any work assigned to them.
iv) Duties Of Chief Editor
• Evaluate manuscripts fairly and solely on their intellectual merit.
• Ensure confidentiality of manuscripts and not disclose any information regarding manuscripts to anyone other than the people involved in the publishing process.
• Has the responsibility to decide when and which articles are to be published.
• Actively seek the views of board members, reviewers and authors on how to improve/ increase the image and visibility of the journal.
• Give clear instructions to potential contributors on the submission process and what is expected of the authors.
• Ensure appropriate reviewers are selected/ identified for the reviewing process.