New graduate students
- All candidates who accept the offer of admission are required to register in person at the beginning of the semester at the Center for Graduate Management (CGM) and the Faculty of Engineering & Built Environment, UKM.
- A candidate is not allowed to register after the fourth (4) week of the semester.
- A candidate may request to delay or postpone registration on reasonable grounds. Written request for any such postponement addressed to Dean CGM shall be made within the first four weeks of each semester.
Continuing graduate students
- All new and returning students will be required to register online via www.ukm.my/SMPweb, provided all payments have been made (outstanding plus current tuition fees).
- A student is not allowed to register after the fourth week of the semester. Failure to register for each semester without written permission from the Dean, Center for Graduate Management for deferment, may result in deregistration as a student of the University.
Deferment/Suspension of Study
- A student seeking leave of absence on medical grounds must provide a medical certificate from the UKM medical doctor. All applications for deferment shall be made using the pink form available at the Faculty Postgraduate Office.
- The period allowed for deferment of study programme is not less than one (1) semester and not more two (2) semesters.
Extension of time limits
- A student wishing to apply for an extension should consult his/her supervisor at an early stage and will be required to fill up the pink form available at the Faculty Postgraduate Office.
Students Who Has Submitted His/Her Thesis
A student who has submitted his/her thesis for examination is required to register to maintain his/her candidature status until the completion of the thesis examination. The student will be given an exemption from paying registration fees for that semester.