KM4373 Finite Element Methods
Prof Ir Dr Ahmad Kamal Ariffin Bin Mohd Ihsan (AKA) - [www.ukm.my/kamal3]
Dr Wan Fathul Hakim (WFH)
4 pm – 5 pm
9 am – 11 am
At the end of the course, student;
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of overall design system, conventional terminology and finite element methods capability (PO1)
· Able to apply basic physics and mathematics principles in translating complex engineering problem into model (PO2)
· Able to implement relevent numerical methods to solve mathematical model (PO1)
· Able to solve complex engineering problem using computer software (PO5)
· Able to change variables and constraint limit to the achieve optimum design (PO1)
· Able to translate and conclude from results calculation (PO4)
· Able to produce and present good report on engineering analysis (PO9)
PO1 – apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals
PO2 – identify, formulate, research literature and analyse complex mechanical engineering problems
PO4 – design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems, components or processes
PO5 – create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools
PO9 – communicate effectively on complex engineering activities
Note: Detail info of Programme Objectives (PO)
Assignment [A] ; 20-30%
Quiz [Q] ; 5-10%
Project [P] ; 20-30%
Final exam [E] 40-50%
session 2 2016/2017 - A(20%), Q(5%), P(30%), E(45%)
Chandrupatla, T.R. & Belegundu, A.D., Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering, 4th edition, Prentice Hall International, 2012.
Zienkiewicz, O.C. & Taylor, R.L. The Finite Element Methods, Volume I (1989) & II (1991) Mc Graw Hill, New York.
Cook, R.D., Malkus D.S. & Plesha, M.E., Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis, edisi ke-3, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1989.
Buchanan, G.R., Theory and Problems of Finite Element Analysis, Schaum's Outline Series, Mc Graw Hill, New York, 1995.
Huebner, K.H., Thornton, E.A. & Byrom, T.G., The Finite Element Method for Engineers, edisi ke-3, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1995.
Copyright © 2017 kamal