MASTER OF SOCIAL SCIENCES (COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT)
The programme provides extensive and intensive research activities in line with market needs requiring experts in communication management in media and non-media organisations. This programme provides the scope and opportunity for students to examine aspects of theories, methodologies, application and impact of communication management in a micro and macro environment.
- To offer a multidisciplinary education in communication management studies to fulfil the needs of media and non-media organisations.
- To provide the knowledge and skills to implement scientific research in communication management, either in media or non-media organisations
- To furnish the knowledge and skills in managing, planning, analysing and assessing communication impact.
- To improve the professionalism and understanding of the relations between culture, media and its contents and media effects through knowledge in media, culture and communication.
- To produce global thinking, innovative, creative and competitive graduates.
SKKP6013 Seminar in Communication Theory
SKKP6014 Academic Writing
SKKP6053 Communication Industry Economy
SKKP6063 Seminar in Intercultural Communication
SKKP6113 Communication Technology and Social Transformation
SKKP6213 Media, Culture and Society
SKKP6233 Global Communication
SKKP6004 Communication Research Methodology
SKKP6033 Communication Policy
SKKP6043 Organisational Communication
SKKP6223 Social Impact of the Media
SKKP601C/SKKP6059 Masters Thesis
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PhD) in COMMUNICATION
The graduate programme offers a viable scope and infrastructure for candidates to conduct research in a specific area of studies in MENTION. Areas of studies offered are based on the research groups in MENTION:
- Health Communication and Global Agenda
- Communication Policies & Organisational Issues in the New Era
- Media Literacy & Society
- Media Technology & Creative Content
To be conferred the Master of Philosophy or the Doctor of Philosophy, candidates must complete a comprehensive research study leading to thesis writing. The area under study certainly has to contribute to the epistemology, ontology and methodology of media and communication studies.
- To enable candidates to explore area of expertise by theoretical observations, methods and issues central to knowledge in the field
- To create an area of study and academic discussion through specific courses for candidates to conduct academic research
- To provide candidates with a thorough knowledge in communication research know how and methods, applicable in any career of their choice.