The UKM Portal is the link between the University and society. At present all faculties, research institutes and service centres at UKM have their own websites managed by their respective webmasters. There are now more than 800 websites using the domain ukm.my. PKK coordinates and sets the guidelines for the developments of all these websites. In order to maintain high standard, PKK with the cooperation of the Centre for Information Technology (PTM), has started an evaluation audit of the websites.
PKK coordinates and manages the content and structure of the University’s official Portal, UKM News Portal and Web TV UKM to ensure they are in line with the vision and mission of UKM, with information that is accurate and up to date.
Functions of the Website Unit
- Upgrade the official UKM's Official Portal, UKM News Portal, Web TV UKM and the PKK website on a regular basis with the use of the latest technologies and in keeping with the latest in web developments.
- Ensure that the information on UKM's Official Portal, UKM News Portal, Web TV UKM and the PKK website are always in line with the guidelines set by MAMPU.
- Ensure that UKM's Official Portal, UKM News Portal, Web TV UKM and the PKK website have a structure, design and presentation of information that are orderly, comprehensive and easily retrieved.
- Ensure that UKM's Official Portal is among the best compared with other public institutions of higher learning in Malaysia and Asia as evaluated by MAMPU, Webometrics and 4icu.org.
- Manage and update UKM News Portal and Web TV UKM. Videos from Web Tv UKM are also uploaded on YouTube, while Twitter is used to put out news alert.
- Monitor the websites of the responsibility centres (PTJ) to ensure that the information onsite is accurate, orderly and updated.
- Monitor UKM's Official Portal access via mobile.
- Assist PTJ webmasters in terms of preparing the web development guidelines, training, advisory services and technical assistance.
- Monitor UKM's Official Portal, UKM News Portal, Web TV UKM and the PKK website via Google Analytics.
For further particulars, please contact:
Mohd Noor Ramly
Information Technology Officer
Tel: +603 8921 4909
Nur Syafawati Mohd Kahar
Tel: +603 8921 3544