School: Psychology and Human Development
Faculty: Social Science and Humanities
Telephone no: 603-8921 33674
Academic position: Senior Lecturer
PhD in Health and Social Care (Psychology)
MLS (women’s studies/psychology)
BA (Hons) (Psychology)
|Testing interactional model of work, organizational climate and personality in lecturers’ mental health: A comparative study between research university and teaching university (co-researchers)||2011-2013|
|Prospective study on 25 Developmental Assets (co-researchers)|
|Reconstructing new version of adult attachment measures in a Malaysian context in a community-based of Malaysian married couples in the Klang Valley (project head)||2011-2012|
|Developing Big Five Personality inventory in personnel selection and its adaptability in a local context (co-researchers)||2010-2012|
|A Model of Adolescents’ Relationship Patterns in the Malaysian Context (co-researchers)||2010-2012|
|Establishing 25 Youth Assets (co-researchers)||2010-2012|
|A study on education for sustainable development beyond attitude change among students in UKM (co-researchers)||2009-2010|
- Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Ali, K. (2012). Women’s Voices in Relation to Fate, Cultural Practices and Life Satisfaction: A Case Study of Sarawakian Single Mothers in Samarahan, Sarawak. e-Bangi Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 7(1): 107-118.
- Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Bifulco, A. (2011). Vulnerability, life events and depression amongst Malaysian women – comparing those married and those divorced or separated. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 46(9): 853-862 online first: DOI: 10.1007/s00127-010-0249-4.
- Abdul Kadir, N.B. (2011).Social intervention recommendations for depressed women with insecure styles, correlated with risk factors. e-Bangi Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 6(2): 313-320.
- Samsudin A. Rahim, Nor Ba’yah Abdul Kadir, Wan Amizah Wan Mahmud, Rusyda Helma Mohamed, & Chang Pang Kee. (2011). Media time vs active time: Leisure time among the youth in disadvantaged community. International Journal of Human and Social Sciences, 6: 153-158.
- Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Bifulco, A. (2010). Malaysian Moslem mothers experience of depression and service use. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry, 34(3): 443-467 online first: DOI: 10.1007/s11013-010-9183-x.
- Ghadur, S. A. & Abdul Kadir, N. B. (2009). Romantic relationships and unwed pregnancy of adolescence residing at rehabilitation centre. e-BANGI Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 4(1): 106-113.
- Mahamood, Y., Yusooff, Y., Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Ahmad, A. (2005). Delinquent behavior and its relationship to depression, social support and well-being among adolescent girls at Centre for Rehabilitation, Malaysia Welfare Department. Journal of Psychology and Human Development, 21: 3-24.
- Abdul Kadir, N. B. & Desa, A. (2004). Social support and cheerful: A preliminary survey of higher learning institutions. e-BANGI Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 3(3), 1-12.
- Sarnon@Kusenin, N., Nen, S., & Abdul Kadir, N.B. (2004). “Arep ngadu karo sapo”: Study case on victims. Malaysia Journal of Social Work, 3: 37-50.
- Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Ali, K. 2002. Indicators of well-being amongst Malay single mothers in Sarawak. Malaysia Journal of Social Work, 1(1): 75-92.
- Mahamood, Y., & Abdul Kadir, N.B. (2001). Subjective well-being: Between needs, self-determination and social development. Malaysia Journal of Psychology, 15: 119-132.
- Abdul Kadir, N.B., & Mahamood, Y. (2001). Psychological well-being: e-counseling as an immediate method in searching help on psychological solving problem. Journal of Psychology and Human Development, 17: 225-242.
Malaysian Psychological Associations (PSIMA)
Southeast Asian Association for Gender Studies Malaysia Branch (SAMA)