School: Psychology and Human Development
Faculty: Social Science and Humanities
Telephone no: 603-89214847
Academic position: Senior Lecturer
PhD (Sociology), Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Master of Arts (Psychology of Human Development), National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
Bachelor of Science with Education (Guidance and Counseling), University Technology of Malaysia, Malaysia
|Awarded Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (RM 50,000) from Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. Leading the research on “Measuring Social Capital: A Standard Measurement for Researching Social Networks in the Family and Community Life”.||2010-2012|
|Awarded Plan and Action Grant (RM 15,000) from Universiti Kebangasaan Malaysia. Leading the research on “Walking Culture: On Building a Pedestrian Pathway from UKM Train Station to Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities.||2011-2012|
|Awarded Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (RM 30, 000) from Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia. Co-researching on “Cultural, Generational and Individual Differences in Life Scripts for Important and Emotionally Charged Autobiographical Memories”.||2011-2013|
|Awarded Plan and Action Grant (RM 7,700) from Universiti Kebangasaan Malaysia. Co-researching on “The Dynamic of University Students: A Measurement on Student’s Achievement at the Early Stage of Degree Course as the Marker in Monitoring Their Development”.||2011-2012|
|Awarded Plan and Action Grant (RM 15,000) from Universiti Kebangasaan Malaysia. Co-researching on “The Effectiveness of Supervision in UKM”.||2011-2013|
|Awarded Youth Empowerment Research Grant (RM 30,000) from Ministry of Women, Family and Community, Malaysia. Co-researching on “Healthy Sex Education among At-Risk Youth in Pantai Dalam”.||2011-2013|
|Awarded Youth Empowerment Research Grant (RM 95,000) from Office of The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Malaysia. Co-researching on “Post-Test on the Measurement of 25 Asset of Youth”.||2011-2012|
|Awarded Youth Empowerment Research Grant (RM 200,000) from Office of The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Malaysia. Co-researching on “The Measurement of 25 Asset of Youth”.||2009-2012|
|Awarded PhD Scholarship (4 academic years) from Malaysian Australian Alumni Council to study at Swinburne University Of Technology, Victoria, Australia||2005|
- Chong, S.T., Samsudin Abdul Rahim, N. Subhi, Nor Ba’yah Abdul Kadir, Kamaruzaman Jusoff, Mimi Hanida Abdul Talib, Wan Amizah Wan Mahmud, Peng Kee Chang, Rokiah Ismail, Zaidah Mustapha, Rusyda Helma Mohamed, Rozmi Ismail, Azrina Megat Mustaffa, Noraini Abdol Raop, Nor Rohaslina Yusopp and Syafarunisa Ismail. (2011). Self-Integrity and Family Support as Assets for Resilient Urban At-Risk Youth. World Applied Sciences Journal,12, 20-24.
- Chong, S. T., M.S. Mohamad, S.M. Hoesni, Z.M. Lukman, I. Fauziah, N. Sarnon, S. Nen, N. Subhi, Kamaruzaman Jusoff, K. Alavi and Aeslina Abdul Kadir. (2011). Generalized Trust and Organized Group Membership among Young Australians. World Applied Sciences Journal,12, 58-62.
- Subhi, N., Mohamad, S. M., Sarnon, N., Salina, N., Hoesni, S. M., Khadijah Alavi and Chong, S. T.. 2011. Intrapersonal Conflict Between Christianity And Homosexuality: The Personal Effects Faced By Gay Men And Lesbians. Jurnal e-Bangi.
- Chong, S. T. (2010). Is family social capital the starting base of more social capital? Paper presented at Penjanaan Ilmu Serumpun Ke Arah Kelestarian Penyelidikan Dan Kecemerlangan Akademik, 3rd International Conference Of Sebumi, Malaysia.
- Chong, S. T. (2009). Safe and cohesive neighbourhoods promote high neighbourhood social capital. Paper presented at The Progressive Impact Of Research In Social Sciences And Humanities: Towards The Regeneration Of Knowledge, 3rd International Conference On Social Sciences And Humanities, Malaysia.
- Chong, S. T. (2008). Young Australians’ Neighbourhood Social Capital. Paper Presented at Re-Imagining Sociology, Annual Conference of The Australian Sociological Association, Melbourne.
- Chong, S. T. (2007). It Takes A Village To Raise A Child: Building Social Capital In Safe And Cohesive Neighbourhood. E-BANGI, Journal Of Social Sciences And Humanities, 2(2), 12.
- Chong, S. T. (2006). Generalised Trust And Organised Group Membership: The More Active The Better? Paper Presented At Sociology For A Mobile World, Annual Conference Of The Australian Sociological Association, Perth.
- Khaidzir Hj. Ismail and Chong, S. T. (2005). Status Identitas Remaja China: Persepsi Terhadap Identitas Karier Dan Peran Gender Antar-Jenis Kelamin. Anima. Indonesian Psychological Journal, 20(2):103-115.
- Chong, S. T. and Khaidzir Hj. Ismail (2004). Perbandingan Jantina Dalam Status Identity: Identity Kerjaya Dan Peranan Gender. Paper Presented At Gejala Sosial Dalam Masyarakat. Seminar Kebangsaan Ke-3 Psikologi Dan Masyarakat, Malaysia