- To be the national focal centre for advancing indigenous fuel cell and hydrogen energy technology and formulating energy policy and management.
- To conduct research, development and project demonstration programs for the production of indigenous fuel cell and hydrogen energy technology and the formulation of energy policy and management.
- To promote and to support the development of the fuel cell and hydrogen energy industry in Malaysia by providing indigenous technology.
- To plan the national fuel cell industry development strategies through the provision of the instrument of governance including national policy, law and resources management.
- To be the technology incubator centre for the national fuel cell industry.
- To produce skilled human resources in the fields of fuel cell, hydrogen energy and energy policy and management to support the national fuel cell industry.