Thank you for visiting the website of the Faculty of Dentistry at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, which was established in Kuala Lumpur in 1996.
The Faculty of Dentistry UKM has a team of staff who are also leaders in their profession and have a respected reputation for their excellence in research, education and clinical expertise.
Craniofacial Diagnostics & Biosciences
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Family Oral Health
Research is one of the core activities of academic staff and postgraduate students in the Faculty. Recent research activities cover a wide spectrum, in line to address the following in the field of dentistry:
- Regenerative Dentistry
- Innovation in Clinical Technology
- Reduce Inequality in Oral Health
The faculty also offers a pleasant environment for undergraduate and postgraduate education. Our core values are mutual respect, empathy, transparency, integrity, accountability, and teamwork. Apart from the Degree of Dentist program, we also offer postgraduate programs for local and international candidates in the following clinical specialties: Orthodontics, Paediatric Dentistry, Restorative Dentistry, Periodontology, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, and Endodontology.
Apart from being involved as an academic within the University, experts at the Faculty of Dentistry are also involved in strengthening the dental profession throughout Malaysia through the services of professional consultants, offering continuing education programs, as well as serving on national level committees and relevant dental professional bodies.
Over the past two decades, the Faculty of Dentistry UKM has experienced unique progress through the involvement of alumni, private dental practitioners, and industry with our staff and students who are not limited to academic or professional platforms only, but also in joint ventures to serve the community in a variety of situations. We look forward to working with other academic institutions, professional organizations and community representatives to work together in ensuring the current and future generations receive quality dental services.
To become a premier and advanced centre of education, research and dental services for the community in its times.
- To provide a comprehensive platform in developing and producing quality graduates who excel and meet the professional and global needs.
- To encourage research and collaborations as well to optimize intellectual resources and knowledge sharing.
- To be committed in providing holistic dental services to the community.
- To produce graduates who are competent and ethical for the benefit of individuals, families and communities.
- To produce dental practitioners who provide oral health services based on the latest practices and a holistic approach.
- To generate highly skilled dental specialists and technology applications.
- To enhance the development of research activities, which are innovative with an emphasis on professionalism development to meet the aspirations of the University.