Master of Applied Sciences in Dentistry
Duration of programme
1 year (2 semesters)
Mode of study
Full time only
Local and international candidates
Note: The intake for this programme will be in October 2022 for the 2022/2022 academic session. The Master of Applied Sciences in Dentistry programme will be pre-requisite for the admission into the UKM clinical specialty doctorate programmes. The intake for the clinical specialty doctorate programmes will be in October 2023.
- Possess undergraduate dental degree (DDS, BDS) or equivalent that is recognized by UKM Senate;
- Registered with the Malaysian Dental Council (MDC) and holds current Annual Practising Certificate (APC), or for international students, registered with the dental regulatory body in another country and eligible to be granted a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by MDC;
- At least two (2) full years experience in general dental practice after graduation;
- English Language qualification with minimum score TOEFL 550 (paper based, PBT), or 80 internet based, iBT), or 213 (computer-based, CBT); IELTS Band 6.0 with the validation of certificate within 2 years from the date of the test;
- Pass the health check as required by UKM;
- Pass the interview (either face-to-face or through online communication);
- Other requirements as stated in the UKM Regulation (Postgraduate studies).