Dental Specialty Training
Duration of programme
3 years (6 semesters)
Mode of study
Full time only
Local and international candidates
Note: The next intake for this programme will be in October 2023 for the 2023/2024 academic session. The Master of Applied Sciences in Dentistry programme will be pre-requisite for the admission into this doctorate programme. Applicants need to apply for the master’s programme for the October 2022 for the 2022/2023 academic session to be eligible for enrolment into this programme.
- Possess undergraduate dental degree (DDS, BDS) or equivalent that is recognized by UKM Senate;
- Posses Master of Applied Sciences in Dentistry degree, or equivalent that is recognized by UKM Senate;
- Registered with the Malaysian Dental Council (MDC) and holds current Annual Practising Certificate (APC), or for international students, registered with the dental regulatory body in another country and eligible to be granted a Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by MDC;
- At least two (2) full years experience in general dental practice after graduation;
- English Language qualification with minimum score TOEFL 550 (paper based, PBT), or 80 internet based, iBT), or 213 (computer-based, CBT); IELTS Band 6.0 with the validation of certificate within 2 years from the date of the test;
- Pass the health check as required by UKM;
- Pass the interview (either face-to-face or through online communication);
- Other requirements as stated in the UKM Regulation (Postgraduate studies).