Doctor of Dental Surgery (UKM)
The five-year Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) programme is designed incorporating competency-based learning principles and is divided into two phases in which both academic and practical elements of Dentistry are studied and practiced. Phase 1 (the first two years of study) introduces you to basic medical and dental subjects. You will learn about the various body systems in health and disease, with topics geared towards the requirements of a dentist in training. You will also acquire the operative practical skills through the completion of a series of simulation exercises conducted throughout the second year. Phase 2 starts from Year 3 to Year 5 in which much of the time is devoted to step-by-step acquisition of clinical knowledge and practical skills necessary for competence in dentistry. You will spend considerable amount of time in clinical contact with patients, in additional to the complementary educational activities such as didactic teaching, seminar, laboratory class work, tutorials, presentation of clinical cases and projects. Clinical knowledge, skills and behaviour developed throughout this phase is consolidated in Comprehensive Dental Care clinics.
Life At The Faculty
The UKM Faculty of Dentistry is located in the KL campus in the heart of the city, next to Kuala Lumpur Hospital. The faculty is renowned as a tertiary referral centre for clinical dental services and receives many cases from surrounding areas. As a dental student, you will be able to work closely with the various dental specialists and gain hands-on experiences that will enrich your learning process.
Faculty: Faculty of Dentistry
Campus: Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, Kuala Lumpur
Degree: Doctor of Dental Surgery (UKM)
Duration of study: 5 years
Contact: email@example.com, +603-9289 7702
Why This Program?
- UKM Dental Faculty is an established institution with over 20 years of dedicated focus in dental education.
- The DDS programme is registered in Malaysian Qualification Register and is recognised by the Malaysian Dental Council for full registration.
- You will be taught by qualified and competent specialists with over 10 years of academic experience.
- UKM Dental Faculty thoroughly prepares you for your career and prides itself in producing some of the country’s best clinicians, researchers, and academicians.
- The DDS programme is fully taught in English.
What You Will Learn
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
* 2021 revised curriculum
|Basic Qualification or Its Equivalent||Minimum Requirement|
|Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)||5Bs each in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics) and another subject.|
|General Certificate of Education Ordinary (O) level||5Bs each in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics) and another subject.|
|Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)||B4 each in 4 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics (or Mathematics or Additional Mathematics) and another subject.|
|Higher School Certificate level or its equivalent||Minimum Requirement|
|Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM)||CGPA 3.5 with minimum grade B in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.|
|General Certificate of Education Advanced (“A”) levels||Minimum grade B in 3 subjects i.e.
Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.
|Matriculation||CGPA 3.5 with minimum grade B in 3 subjects i.e. Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics.|
|Candidates must obtain at least Band 3 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET)|
|Candidates must also pass the aptitude test and perform satisfactorily at interview.|
Doctor of Dental Surgery (UKM) Fees
This fee structure is not applicable to students who are applying through Unit Pengambilan Universiti (UPU).
|Intake||Candidate||Total For DDS Programme||1st Semester||Subsequent Semester|
|Malaysian||RM 400, 000||RM 49, 000||RM 39, 000|
|International||USD 119, 047||USD 13, 747||USD 11, 700|
- The application can be made through Centre for Educational Extension (PKP) UKM. Click here
- Total tuition fee is subject to changes from time to time without notice by the University.
- Candidates are adviced to check the UKM PKP website one month prior to registration into the programme for any changes.
- The tuition fees do not include additional fees that may be chargeable such as entry fee, visa processing fee, accommodation fee (where applicable) and English class tuition fee.
Deputy Dean’s Office (Academic)