The Faculty of Education began as the Department of Education under the Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities in 1972. Now known as FPEND, the faculty is supported by five centres which are the Centre of Innovative Studies in Learning and Teaching, the Centre of Leadership and Educational Policy, the Centre of Educational Studies & Community Wellbeing, the Centre of Education and Diversity and the Centre of STEM Enculturation. With the expertises of 15 professors, 20 associate professors and 65 lecturers, the Faculty of Education has produced strings of graduates and educators in various public and private sectors. Currently, there are 3003 registered students at the faculty to continue the tradition of excellence together.
Pioneers of quality Educational Innovation
Faculty of Education as the Leading Educational Innovation for Knowledgeable & Dynamic Communities Towards Global Wellbeing.
Striving towards becoming the Faculty of Education by choice, known for its innovative, advanced and committed strength at providing quality human capital for the needs of educational institutions, industry and the public, in line with the national guideline at dignifying the Malay language and meeting the international standards adjacent with global developments.
To be the centre of knowledge in education and human capital development that is able to:
- Produce human capital who are high in capacity and at the same time, educational leaders in their educational institutions, industry and society.
- Create, expand and apply educational knowledge through research, consultancy and commercialization of educational products.
- Lead innovations in educational knowledge related to curriculum, pedagogy, management and evaluation.
- Become scholars of educational knowledge in various disciplines across educational institutions, industry and society.
- Emerge as a renowned consultant and reference centre of educational knowledge at home and abroad.