We specialise in providing the necessary medical care for premature and critically ill newborn, including coordinating any surgical procedures. The staff are trained in specifically handling complex and high-risk conditions.
We provide the following care:-
- Diagnosis and treatment of newborns with conditions such as breathing disorders, infections, and birth defects.
- Coordinating care and medically managing newborns born premature, critically ill, or in need of surgery.
- Ensuring that critically ill newborns receive the proper nutrition for healing and growth.
- Stabilising and treating newborns with any life-threatening medical problems.
- Consulting with other paediatric sub-specialities about conditions affecting newborn infants.
- Providing family counselling to assist families and the NICU team in addressing and coping with uncertainties in the infant’s prognosis and the appropriate course of medical care.