Fees and Funding
The updated fees structure is available in the UKM undergraduate brochure.
Tuition fees for sponsored students are paid directly to the University by the sponsoring body. The holders of University scholarships which cover tuition fees are regarded as sponsored students for this purpose. Students who intend to pay their fees from their own funds are regarded as self-financed. Self-financed students have to pay their fees in full during registration.
Fellowship and scholarship offered at university level
please refer to: http://www.ukm.my/pusatsiswazah/
The Ministry of Education financial assistance under MyBrain15 For more information
kindly visit website at http://www.moe.gov.my
The Ministry of Human Resources, via Human Resources Development Berhad (PSMB) under HRDF Development Programmes
Employers registered with PSMB are allowed to apply for training grants for fees and allowable cost when malaysian employees are sent for development courses up to Master and PhD levels. For more information, kindly view Employer Circular No.2/2008 and visit PSB’s HRDF website at www.hrdf.com.my
Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship
Please click the this link: http://www.eng.ukm.my/jurutera/files/Yayasan_Sime_Darby_Scholarship.pdf
Graduate Research Assistantships (GRA) Under the Graduate Research Assistantship Scheme (Skim Bantuan Siswazah Penyelidikan)
students can obtain financial assistance based on approval by the supervisor and availability of the research project funding. The remuneration paid to the student who is currently pursuing a Master’s programme or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme at the Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia are RM 1,800.00 per month and RM2,000 per month, respectively.
Advertisement for GRA
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) positions are available for the following research works (please click the link for more information):
- UKM-YSD Chair on Sustainable Development: Zero Waste Technology
- Optimal Inventory Policies for Multi-Echelon Supply Chain Systems with Multi-Lot for Lot Shipment Policies under Supply Disruption
- A decomposition-based hybrid evolutionary algorithms in multi criteria renewable energy power system design
- CNT Synthesis from Biomethene
- Drying Technology for Agricultural Product
- Probability Structure And Return Period Estimation Of Monsoon Rainfall Events In Malaysia
- Return Period and Risk of Droughts in Peninsular Malaysia
Other Research Positions, Post Doctoral or other positions
(currently not available)