Events & Protocol
Event management is a service provided by the UKM Centre for Corporate Communications (PKK). This involves the necessary actions to be taken before, during and after an event. The aim is to ensure that the event is carried out smoothly and successfully. Besides that, event management is also aimed at ensuring that protocol is followed. Putting in place the appropriate level of protocol is an important element in ensuring that the event is carried out smoothly and successfully, besides helping to raise the image of the University.
Main guidelines in event management
When a responsibility centre (PTJ) plans an event, the following need to be considered:
- Determine the objective of the event.
- Determine the level of the event, whether internal, local, national or international.
- Check the official invitations to the VIP officiating at the event and the other distinguished guests.
- Set the date, time and place that are appropriate for a VIP from outside the University.
- Ensure that the University representation is appropriate with the status of the VIP.
- Ensure that the date, time and place are suitable for the VIP from within the University, such as the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellors and senior officials.
- Set the programme for the event based on appropriateness.
- Ensure that the number of guests and anticipated attendance are appropriate with the standing of the VIP and the capacity of the venue.
- Take into account the financial implications.
Please download our Event Managements Check List for your guideline
For further particulars, please contact:
Wan Noor Hayati Wan Ismail
Tel: +603 8921 5108