Frequently Ask Questions
Temporary Shutdown Of Electricity Supply At Ukm Bangi Campus March 27, 2020 - 31 March 2020 For Critical Physical Works
Repairing Of Transformer 15mva No.1 At Main Input Of 33kv Substation Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Bangi, Selangor
I heard there would be disruption of electricity supply at UKM Bangi Campus. When would this happen?
The disruption of electricity supply will take place from March 27, 2020 (Friday) at 6.00pm until March 31, 2020 (Tuesday) at 11.30pm.
Why is March 27, 2020 (Friday) at 6.00pm - March 31, 2020 (Tuesday) 11.30pm chosen as the most suitable date and time for those works?
The date and time was decided BEFORE the Movement Control Order was announced by the Prime Minister. The work is important as there are serious damages to the electrical appliances and it requires immediate repair.
Why is there disruption of electricity supply during this COVID-19 pandemic outbreak when I have to stay put in the campus?
This disruption of electricity supply is because there are damages to the transformer 15MVA No.1 at the main input of 33KV substation.
You only need to stay in your residential college, as the disruption of electricity supply will NOT affect any residential colleges.
May I know the list of Buildings/Responsibility Center (PTj) that will continue to receive electricity supply within the stated period?
- Kolej Keris Mas (KKM)
- Kolej Ibu Zain (KIZ)
- Kolej Rahim Kajai (KRK)
- Kolej Dato’ Onn (KDO)
- Kolej Tun Hussein Onn (KTHO)
- Kolej Aminuddin Baki (KAB)
- Kolej Ungku Omar (KUO)
- Kolej Ibrahim Yaakub (KIY)
- Kolej Burhanuddin Helmi (KBH)
- Kolej Pendeta Za’ba (KPZ)
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Makmal Tambahan
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Rumah Tumbuhan
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Rumah Haiwan
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Sains Nuklear
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Sains Biologi
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Sains Fizik
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Sains Kimia
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Sains Matematik / Geologi
- Fakulti Sains & Teknologi (FST) - Makmal ABSL
- Fakulti Kejuruteraan & Alam Bina (FKAB) - Jabatan Kejuruteraan Kimia & Proses
- Fakulti Kejuruteraan & Alam Bina (FKAB) - Bangunan Inovasi
- IPI – Pusat ANGKASA
- Pusat Teknologi Maklumat (PTM)
- Pusat Kesihatan Universiti
- Makmal i-CRIM (Kompleks Penyelidikan)
- Makmal Bioserasi
- Pusat Islam (Masjid UKM)
- Unit Kenderaan
- Wisma Aman (Bahagian Keselamatan)
- Perpustakaan – PTSL (Bahagian Media Aras 2
- & Bilik Server) Pusat Hal-ehwal Pelajar (Bangunan Pusanika)
- Pusat Perumahan Pelajar (Bangunan Pusanika)
- Tangki Air Utama di KKM
- Tangki Air KPZ
- Tangki Air KIZ
- Tangki Air KIY
- Tangki Air Pusat GENIUS@Pintar Negara
Sewage Treatment Plant:
- Pintu Masuk Utama UKM
- KKM – Blok 15 (Wanita)
- KKM – Lingkungan Johan
- Pusat Kesihatan
- FKAB (Guard House)
- FKAB Baru
- Rumah Tumbuhan FST
- Rumah Haiwan FST
- Pusat GENIUS@Pintar Negara
- Bangunan UNIKEB
- District Cooling System (DCS) Lingkungan 2
- Pusat GENIUS@ Pintar Negara
- Bangunan Pusanika
May I know list of Buildings/Responsibility Center (PTJ) that will face disruption of electricity supply within the stated period?
The Building/Responsibility Center (PTj) WHICH ARE NOT LISTED ABOVE will face the disruption of electricity supply. In addition, the building/Responsibility Center (PTj) WHICH ARE NOT LISTED ABOVE will also face disruption of water supply, telephone and internet. This is because water supply, telephone and internet are depending on electricity supply.
No, if your specimen is in the building/Responsibility Center (PTj) which continues to receive the electricity supply, as stated in list of building/Responsibility Centre (PTj) above.
Electric Unit, Prasarana-UKM:
03-8921 5376/5959/0133983 505
Student Housing Center:
03-8921 4367 / 013 340 0833
If your faculty is affected and there is no electricity during the period and you need to come to the faculty to back up your data, arrange your materials in the lab, to ensure the well condition of your specimen, please do the following:
- Get your supervisor approval and write an email to email@example.com with details name, division (department/faculty/institute/centre) and reason for coming.
- The registrar will review the details and give the feedback via email.
- If you are given the approval, please show the approval letter to the security guard at the main entrance of UKM Bangi.