Intake for the coursework programs is open once a year, which is every April until May (for the September intake). Application for research mode programmes can be made any time throughout the year.
Master of Science Mode of Study Registration Status Research Only Full Time & Part Time Master of Clinical Pharmacy Mode of Study Registration Status Coursework Only Full Time Master of Science (Pharmaceutical Analysis) Mode of Study Registration Status Coursework Only Full Time & Part Time
Local Students Registration Service & Activity Tuition Fees 1st Semester Subsequent Semesters Total Fees Fully Research & Mixed Mode Programs - Full Time (Min 2 Sem) / Part time (Min 4 Sem) Full Time 1,010 845 1,585 3,440 2,430 5,870 Part Time 885 625 1,435 2,945 2,060 9,125 Coursework Mode Programs - Full Time (Min 2 Sem) / Part time (Min 4 Sem) Full Time (Master of Science - Pharmaceutical Analysis) 1,010 420 3,340 4,770 3,760 8,530 Full Time (Master of Clinical Pharmacy) 1,010 420 6,150 7,580 6,570 14,150 Part Time (Master of Science - Pharmaceutical Analysis) 885 200 1,670 2,755 1,870 8,365 Part Time (Master of Clinical Pharmacy) 885 200 3,075 4,160 3,275 13,985 International Students / Permanent Residents Registration Service & Activity Tuition Fees 1st Semester Subsequent Semesters Total Fees Fully Research & Mixed Mode Programs (Full Time - Min 2 Sem) / Part Time (Min 4 Sem) Full Time 1,410 1,085 3,500 5,995 4,585 10,580 Part Time 1,285 815 2,600 4,700 3,415 14,945 Coursework Mode Programs (Full Time - Min 2 Sem) / Part Time (Min 4 Sem) Full Time (Master of Science - Pharmaceutical Analysis) 1,410 660 6,110 8,180 6,770 14,950 Full Time (Master of Clinical Pharmacy) 1,410 660 9,840 11,910 10,500 22,410 Part Time (Master of Science - Pharmaceutical Analysis) 1,285 390 3,055 4,730 3,445 15,065 Part Time (Master of Clinical Pharmacy) 1,285 390 4,920 6,595 5,310 22,525
The fees is not include Personal Bond and Visa Reference (VDR)
** All fees subject to changes
1. Candidates have to apply online via: http://www.ukm.my/join Apply to UKM
2. Intake for Coursework and mixed mode are open twice a year, which is every October until November (for the next February intake) and every April until May (for the September intake).
3. Application for research mode programmes can be made any time throughout the year.
4. Application fee of RM30.00 (for Malaysian application), USD30.00 or MYR100.00 (international applicants) have to pay online as instructed in online application system.
There are several study options under postgraduate study programme:
3. Coursework and research
4. Coursework and practical or clinical with case study and/or research
Requirements for admission to the Masters Degree programme:
1. Bachelor’s Degree with a good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) from the University or any higher learning institution recognised by the Senate; or
2. Degree in Medical or Dentistry from the University or any higher learning institution or an equivalent degree thereto from any higher learning institution recognised by the Senate; or
3. Other qualifications recognised by the Senate obtained through Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL); and
4. Fulfills other requirements prescribed by the programme (where applicable).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
An international candidate is required to fulfill the English Language proficiency requirements as follows:
- Obtained TOEFL (550), IELTS (6) or MUET (4) results which fulfil the score or minimum band requirements prescribed by the programme; or
- For certain programmes, a candidate is required to sit for an English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to achieve the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM) in a maximum period of two (2) semesters before he is allowed to register for the study programme. The candidate shall register as a Non-Graduating Student.
The Faculty/Institute may grant exemption to the requirements specified in subregulation (1) for the international candidate who:
- will be writing his/her thesis/dissertation in the Malay/ Arabic languages;
- has the academic qualifications obtained from any local universities recognised by the Senate; or
- is originally from a country where English is the official language or he/she has the academic qualifications obtained from any higher learning institution which uses English as the medium of instruction.
The candidate may be exempted from the requirements stated in subregulation (2), but the candidate shall sit for the English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to obtain the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM).
VDR Fees One Year - (RM) Two Years (Indonesian Only) - (RM) Processing Fee 1,000.00 1,140.00 Student Pass 60.00 120.00 Visa Fee (according to country – not exceeding RM 50) 50.00 (max) 30.00 Ikad 50.00 100.00 eVAL 150.00 150.00 Service Tax (6%) 78.60 77.40 EMGS Insurance 400.00 400.00 Total: 1788.60 Total: 2017.40
Personal Bond RM 2000 Canada Burkina Faso Burundi Democratic Guinea-Bissau Ghana Nigeria Rwanda Western Sahara USA Cameroon Congo Liberia Djibouti Colombia Central African Republic Cote D’Ivoire Mali Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia Angola Republic Congo Republic Eritrea Mozambique RM 1500 Saudi Arabia British C.I Europe Portugal C.I Vietnam Africa Brunei Iran Taiwan Australia China Iraq Tunisia RM 1000 Japan South Korea Macao Hong Kong RM 750 Bangladesh Phillipines India Myanmar Nepal Pakistan Sri Lanka RM 500 Indonesia RM 300 Thailand RM 200 Singapore RM 1500 Fee for other countries
Miss Rosmiza Musa
Faculty of Pharmacy
Centre for Academic Management
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Tel : +603-8911 8389 / 8468
Fax: +603-8911 8470
www.facebook.com/Pusat Pengurusan Akademik UKM