PhD-Information Science & Technology
Intake for the course work mode and mixed mode programmes are open twice a year, which is every October until November (for the next year February intake) and every April until May (for the September intake). Application for research mode programmes can be made any time throughout the year.
Doctor of Philosophy Mode / Registration Registration Status Computer Science Research Only Full Time & Part Time Industrial Computing Research Only Full Time & Part Time Information Science Research Only Full Time & Part Time System Science and Management Research Only Full Time & Part Time
Local Students Registration Service & Activity Tuition Fees 1st Semester Subsequent Semesters Total Fees Fully Research & Mixed Mode Programs - Full Time (Min 6 Sem) / Part Time (Min 8 Sem) Full Time 1,010 745 2,235 3,990 2,980 18,890 Part Time 885 525 2,035 3,445 2,560 21,365 International Students / Permanent Residents Registration Service & Activity Tuition Fees 1st Semester Subsequent Semesters Total Fees Fully Research & Mixed Mode Programs - Full Time (Min 6 Sem) / Part Time (Min 8 Sem) Full Time 1,710 985 5,000 7,695 5,985 37,620 Part Time 1,585 715 4,000 6,300 4,715 39,305
The fees is not include Personal Bond and Visa Reference (VDR)
** All fees are subject to change
1. Candidates have to apply online via: http://www.ukm.my/join Apply to UKM
2. Intake for Coursework and mixed mode are open twice a year, which is every October until November (for the next February intake) and every April until May (for the September intake).
3. Application for research mode programmes can be made any time throughout the year.
4. Application fee of RM30.00 (for Malaysian application), USD30.00 or MYR100.00 (international applicants) have to pay online as instructed in online application system.
There are several study options under postgraduate study programme:
3. Coursework and research
4. Coursework and practical or clinical with case study and/or research
A person who wishes to apply for admission to the Doctorate programme shall possess the following qualification:
1. Masters Degree from the University or any higher learning institution recognised by the Senate; or
2. Other qualifications equivalent to a Masters Degree or having other qualifications with experience recognised by the Senate; or
3. A candidate who is currently attending a full time Masters programme under paragraph 6(1) (a) in the University and is certified by the Faculty Graduate Studies Committee/Centre for Graduate Management to convert his status to a Doctorate programme with the approval of Dean of the Faculty/Director of the Institute; or
4. Bachelor’s Degree with excellent results from the University or any higher learning institution recognised by the Senate; or
5. Other qualifications recognised by the Senate obtained through Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) or through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL); and
6. Fulfills other requirements prescribed by the programme (where applicable).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
An international candidate is required to fulfill the English Language proficiency
requirements as follows:
- Obtained TOEFL (550), IELTS (6) or MUET (4) results which fulfil the score or minimum band requirements prescribed by the programme; or
- For certain programmes, a candidate is required to sit for an English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to achieve the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM) in a maximum period of two (2) semesters before he is allowed to register for the study programme. The candidate shall register as a Non-Graduating Student.
The Faculty/Institute may grant exemption to the requirements specified in subregulation (1) for the international candidate who:
- will be writing his/her thesis/dissertation in the Malay/ Arabic languages;
- has the academic qualifications obtained from any local universities recognised by the Senate; or
- is originally from a country where English is the official language or he/she has the academic qualifications obtained from any higher learning institution which uses English as the medium of instruction.
The candidate may be exempted from the requirements stated in subregulation (2), but the candidate shall sit for the English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to obtain the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM).
VDR Fees One Year - (RM) Two Years (Indonesian Only) - (RM) Processing Fee 1,000.00 1,140.00 Student Pass 60.00 120.00 Visa Fee (according to country – not exceeding RM 50) 50.00 (max) 30.00 Ikad 50.00 100.00 eVAL 150.00 150.00 Service Tax (6%) 78.60 77.40 EMGS Insurance 400.00 400.00 Total: 1788.60 Total: 2017.40
Personal Bond RM 2000 Canada Burkina Faso Burundi Democratic Guinea-Bissau Ghana Nigeria Rwanda Western Sahara USA Cameroon Congo Liberia Djibouti Colombia Central African Republic Cote D’Ivoire Mali Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia Angola Republic Congo Republic Eritrea Mozambique RM 1500 Saudi Arabia British C.I Europe Portugal C.I Vietnam Africa Brunei Iran Taiwan Australia China Iraq Tunisia RM 1000 Japan South Korea Macao Hong Kong RM 750 Bangladesh Phillipines India Myanmar Nepal Pakistan Sri Lanka RM 500 Indonesia RM 300 Thailand RM 200 Singapore RM 1500 Fee for other countries
Mrs. Nurazlinda Nurul Asri
Faculty of Information Science and Technology
Centre for Academic Management
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Tel : +603-8911 8389 / 8468
Fax: +603-8911 8470
www.facebook.com/Pusat Pengurusan Akademik UKM