Cardiovascular Health of Faculty of Medicine research group is orginally a combination of two research groups which were Cardiovascular and Cardiovascular and Health Performance Indicator. It is officially formed in early 2019 as one of research thrust groups at the Faculty of Medicine, led by Associate Professor Dr Kamisah Yusof with 17 members comprising preclinical and clinical researchers in the field of cardiovascular. The formation of the group aims to integrate and consolidate clinical and basic cardiovascular research with the hope to enhance the quality as well as the impact of research at the faculty and then at the university level. This group conducts clinical and experimental studies¾in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo. For experimental studies, we investigate the effects of natural products such as kaduk, tocotrienol, stink beans, virgin coconut oil, sambung nyawa and oil palm phenolics on hypertension, cardiomyocyte hypertrophy, atherosclerosis and hyperlipidaemia. While the clinical studies involve measurement of cardiovascular parameters in high risk subjects, as well as in young patients with acute coronary syndrome. The studies of oil palm phenolics oil in subjects with hyperlipidaemia is also conducted.
MEMBERS OF RESEARCH GROUP
- A. Prof Dr Kamisah Yusof (email@example.com) Pharmacologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Prof Dr Srijit Das (firstname.lastname@example.org) Anatomist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- A. Prof Dr Qodriyah Mohd Saad(email@example.com)Pharmacologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- A. Prof Dr Zakiah Jubri@Mohd Zufri(firstname.lastname@example.org) Biochemistry SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- A. Prof Dr Isa Naina Mohamed (email@example.com)Pharmacologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Amilia Aminuddin (firstname.lastname@example.org) Physiologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Azizah Ugusman (email@example.com) Physiologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Adila A. Hamid (firstname.lastname@example.org) Physiologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Mohd Shawal Faizal Mohamad(email@example.com) Medicine SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dato’Dr Oteh Maskon (firstname.lastname@example.org) Medical Physician SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Hamat Hamdi Che Hassan (email@example.com) Medicine SCOPUS,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Shathiskumar a/l Govindaraju(firstname.lastname@example.org) Medicine SCOPUS,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Tiau Wei Jyung (email@example.com) Medicine SCOPUS,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Norliana Masbah(firstname.lastname@example.org)Pharmacologist SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Noor Diyana Mohamad Farouk(email@example.com) Medicine SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- A. Prof Dr Satirah Zainalabidin (firstname.lastname@example.org)Cardiovascular Physio SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr Nadiah Sulaiman (email@example.com)TEC SCOPUS ,Google Scholar, UKM
- Dr. Fitri Fareez Ramli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking for potential candidates Postgraduate Master or PhD Students and Post-doctoral fellow who are highly motivated and curious to learn more about cardiovascular related diseases. If you are interested to join our team, please contact:
1: Siti HN, Jalil J, Asmadi AY, Kamisah Y. 2020. Roles of rutin in cardiac remodeling. J Funct Foods 64:103606. (Q1)
2: Supattra Prom-in , Jasadee Kaewsrichan , Nuntika Wangpradit , Chua Kien Hui , Mohamad Fairuz Yahaya , Yusof Kamisah and Jaya Kumar. 2020. Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench’s Peel Powder Improves High-Fat-Diet-Induced Cognitive Impairment in C57BL/6J Mice. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2020, 17(15) 5513. (Q2)
3: Ramalingam, A., Zainalabidin, S., Kamisah, Y. Jauri MH, Yunos NM. 2020. Cardiac Glycoside 17βH-Neriifolin Isolated from Cerbera odollam Enhances Left Ventricular Contractility in Normal and Failing Hearts ex vivo. J Evol Biochem Phys 56, 277–281.
4: Benson Koh, Nadiah Sulaiman, Mh Busra Fauzi, Jia Xian Law, Min Hwei Ng, Ruszymah Bt Hj Idrus & Muhammad Dain Yazid (2020), Three Dimensional Microcarrier System in Mesenchymal Stem Cell Culture: A Systematic Review. Cell Bioscience, 10, 75, Q1
5: Ruszymah Bt Hj Idrus, Nur Qisya Afifah Veronica Sainik, Abid Nordin, Aminuddin Bin Saim, and Nadiah Sulaiman (2020), Cardioprotective Effects of Honey and Its Constituent: An Evidence-Based Review of Laboratory Studies and Clinical Trials. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health, 17, 3613, Q2.
6: Adila A Hamid, Amilia Aminuddin, Mohd Heikal Mohd Yunus, Jaya Kumar Murthy, Chua Kien Hui and Azizah Ugusman. 2020. Antioxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of Polygonum minus: a review of literature. Reviews in Cardiovascular Medicine. 21 (2), 275-287, Q4
7: Abid Nordin, Aminuddin Bin Saim, Roszalina Ramli, Adila Abdul Hamid, Noor Wahidah Mohd Nasri, Ruszymah Bt Hj Idrus.,2020. Miswak and oral health: An evidence-based review. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences.27, 1801-1810. Q1
8: Norhazlina Abdul Wahab, Zahreena Othman, Noor Wahidah Mohd Nasri, Mohd Helmy Mokhtar, Siti Fatimah Ibrahim, Adila A. Hamid, Raja Affendi Raja Ali and Norfilza Mohd Mokhtar. 2020. Inhibition of miR-141 and miR-200a increase DLC-1 and ZEB2 expression, enhance migration and invasion in metastatic serous ovarian cancer. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 17, 2766, Q2
9: Md Rizman Md Lazim, Amilia Aminuddin, Kalaivani Chellappan,Azizah Ugusman, Adila A Hamid, Wan Amir Nizam Wan Ahmad and Mohd Shawal Faizal Mohamad. 2020, Is heart rate a confounding factor for photoplethysmography markers? A systematic review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 17, 2591, Q1
10: Salamt, N., Muhajir, M., Aminuddin, A. and Ugusman, A., 2020. The effects of exercise on vascular markers and C-reactive protein among obese children and adolescents: An evidence-based review. Bosnian journal of basic medical sciences, 20(2):149.