Programme Name: FELLOWSHIP IN NEUROLOGY (UKM)
Course Director: Prof Dr. Tan Hui Jan
Duration of Training: 3 years
Training Centre: UKM Medical Centre/ Hospital Canselor Tuanku Muhriz, Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Eligibility: Recognised postgraduate training in Internal Medicine with interest in Neurology. (MRCP/ Masters equivalent)
Objective: To produce general physicians with detailed knowledge and basic competence and experience in neurology.
Objectives of Programme:
- To produce general physicians with detailed knowledge in neurology.
- To produce general physicians with basic competence and experience in performing procedures pertaining to neurology.
- Candidate will be required to perform all clinical activities at the level of a specialist i.e. run clinics, do ward rounds, perform simple procedures e.g. stroke calls, lumbar punctures
- Candidate should be able and competent to diagnose and manage common neurology diseases.
- Candidate must be confident in interpreting neurophysiology results: electroencephalogram, nerve conduction tests.
- Candidate must pass the written and viva examinations which will be held prior to finishing the programme.
- Candidates must assist as many procedures as possible and able to perform a few common procedures independently before the final examination.
- Candidate must keep a log book and an audit of his/her performance.
- Candidate must be contactable and regularly meet with course director.
- Candidate is required to join all clinical and academic activities of the Unit.
- Candidate is required to do research during the training and encourage to publish at least 1 manuscript in a WOS journal or present at a local conference.
Certificate of completion of training certified by Course Director and Dean, Faculty of Medicine UKM will be given to all successful candidates.
- Please apply at least 6 months before intended start date.
- You will need Temporary Practising Certificate (TPC) by Malaysian Medical Council (MMC). Please ensure you fulfil all the requirements for TPC. https://mmc.gov.my/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TPC_July_2019_2.pdf
- Application for TPC will be forwarded to MMC by UKM except for Letter of Good Standing.