- To build a rich database of information and a biobank that will be a valuable resource for research.
- To provide a platform for studying the roles and interactions of genes, environments and lifestyles in various diseases.
- To contribute to solutions and discoveries through scientific research and international collaboration.
- To participate in international research consortiums that will accelerate the quality and quantity of research in life sciences and biotechnology.
- To study and determine the role and interaction of genes, environments and lifestyles in various diseases through cohort studies.
- To find out early signs of disease for cancer and other diseases by using genomic and proteomic approaches that will ultimately lead to early detection and disease prevention.
- To develop and maintain the country’s biotechnology initiatives through a systematic discovery program through international collaborative research initiatives.
- To set up a National Biobank as the primary resource of biospecimen and databank for national scientific community.