Congratulations to the Akademia Keselamatan Siber Malaysia or Cyber Security Academia Malaysia also known as CSAM! We are officially registered as PERTUBUHAN AKADEMIA KESELAMATAN SIBER MALAYSIA under the Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Malaysia (JPPM) on the 3rd May, 2021. CSAM is now a non-governmental organization (NGO) at national level with registration number PPM-025-10-03052021.
CSAM was one of the resolutions highlighted from the round table discussion on 15 November 2018, an event collocated with Cyber Resilience Conference 2018 (CRC2018). Then, CSAM initiative has been strengthen in the second series of the round table discussion on 28 January 2019 at the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM). The discussion has reached an agreement to formalize and establish CSAM under the Majlis Dekan ICT (MaDICT). Finally the formation of CSAM has been approved in MaDICT meeting and it was founded on 23 April 2019. CSAM secretariat consist of academicians in the field of cyber security and representatives from each institution was approved in MaDICT meeting on 11 July 2019.
Introduction of CSAM
The objectives of CSAM are:
- to sustain status and professional interest in the field of cyber security.
- to initiate improvement in training, education, research and development, professional development and other activities in cyber security area.
- to provide a medium of communication, cooperation and mutual understanding among academicians in activities related to cyber security
- to enhance interest towards research and development in the field of cyber security
- to take effective steps in enhancing knowledge of the society’s members in the field of cyber security
To empower adoption of cyber security in capacity building among Malaysian society
A reputable academic society for cyber security that able to inspire the society through academic, research and consultation