Presenters are required to present their papers live using an online WEBEX presentation during the conference day (23-24 November 2021). Live presentation of Oral papers is a requirement for publication in IEEE Xplore.
A pre-recorded video presentation is also compulsory as a backup should technical difficulties occur during the presentation day.
LIVE PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
1. Each oral presentation is allocated 15 minutes. One should spend about 10 minutes presenting the problem, the background, the innovative approach, the new results, and – if appropriate – the comparative evaluation. The remaining 5 minutes will be reserved for questions and discussion with the attendees.
2. Use appropriate font size to make your slide readable without effort; typically, 20 point fonts should be used.
3. The presenters should introduce themselves to the session chairs before the beginning of the session to allow a smooth running of the session.
4. Each session will be moderated by a session chair.
5. For the Q&A session, one of the authors will need to be available online after their presentations to answer questions from the participants.
6. Please fill out the presenter biography within your EDAS account. The information provided will be used by the session chair to introduce you during the session.
RECORDED VIDEO PRESENTATION GUIDELINES*
*THIS OPTION WILL ONLY BE USED AS A BACKUP SHOULD ANY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES OCCUR DURING THE LIVE PRESENTATION.
IMPORTANT DATE: The video submission deadline for the Virtual Presentation is 12 NOVEMBER 2021 (FRIDAY)!
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, which comprises a brief introduction and main ideas of the paper as a backup if participants experienced technical difficulty during the conference’s live presentation. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). The recommended length for video presentations is 10 minutes. Please do not upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
VIDEO CONFERENCING TOOLS AVAILABILITY:
There are several video conferencing tools available to record a presentation easily. In this method, you may choose to show your face via webcam and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software to get a good quality recording, and the final file is in MP4 format. Here are some links to some common platforms for recording instructions,
WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
You can also use the two steps method covered below:
Create Voice Over Powerpoint
and convert to MP4
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from the content displayed on your computer screen and voice recording via the computer microphone is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
Instructions for recording presentation with Zoom:
SPECIFICATIONS FOR VIDEO PREPARATION
●Duration: 10 minutes (Total is 15 minutes including Q&A)
●File size: 100MB max
●Video file format: MP4
●Dimensions: Minimum height 480 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note that the final specifications will be checked at submission, and file not compliant may not be uploaded. Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention of IconSpace2021.
●Must be in MP4 format
●Less than or equal to 1 Mbps bitrate: To check the bitrate, right-click on the file name, click on properties, go to the detail tab, and look for total bitrate.
●Resolution = maximum 720p HD
Please do not upload PowerPoint or PDF files.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
1. Use as quiet an area as possible
2. Avoid areas that have an echo
3. Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, use a strong Wi-Fi connection
4. A good headset with a microphone close to the mouth is highly recommended. However, avoid a direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using the default built-in microphone on the computer.
5. Do a few test recordings and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bitrate before recording the entire presentation.
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO (DEADLINE: FRIDAY, 12 NOVEMBER 2021)
1. Go to EDAS (https://www.edas.info/)
2. Go to My…>My Papers
3. Click on your paper title
4. Upload your MP4 video file to your paper record via the “Video” option
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact the Secretariat of IconSpace (email@example.com)
As a reminder, if there is no presentation from one of the authors, the paper will be considered no-shows according to the IEEE No Show policy.