The Nippon Foundation for Asian Public Intellectuals (API) Fellowships was launched in 2000. IKMAS is one of the five partner institutions in Asian countries. The other partner countries are Indonesia, Japan, Philippines and Thailand.
The API Fellowships program will enable public intellectuals in Asia to pursue intellectual, cultural and professional projects in other Asian country or countries in one of the predetermined themes. Themes for the Fellowships are:
Changing Identities and their Social, Historical and Cultural Contexts;
- Reflection on the Human Condition and the Search for Social Justice; and
- Globalisation, Structures, Processes, and Alternatives.
Within these broad themes, the Fellows will be required to:
- Propose and carry out research projects and/or professional activities in a participating country or countries other than their native country and/or country of residence;
- Conduct research projects and/or professional activities in compliance with the schedule accepted by the International Selection Committee;
- Attend the API Workshop to exchange results of their research projects and/or professional activities with other Fellows;
- Disseminate their findings and results to a wider audience; and
- Pursue a deeper knowledge of each other, and hence of the region.
For more info, visit:
Contact us at:
API Fellowships Program
Institute of Malaysian & International
Studies (IKMAS), Universiti Kebangsaan
Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor
03-8921 3576(T) , 03-8926 9253(F)