A resource centre with an up-to-date and specialized collection is an absolute necessity for any research institute like IKMAS. Bearing this in mind, IKMAS has set up a resource centre soon after its inauguration in order to collect reference materials
(particularly state of the art, and current ones) concerning Malaysian and International Studies within the framework of globalization, occidentalism and social transformation.
The Ishak Shari Resourse Centre is located in one of the wings in the IKMAS premises, directly opposite the office of the API Fellowship Programme. It is equipped with various facilities to enable students to take advantage of the centre’s collections for their research.
8.30 am – 12.30 midday
2.30 pm – 4.30 pm
8.30 am – 12.00 midday
3.00 pm – 4.30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
TERMS OF LOAN
|Undergraduate Student||2 Books||7 Days|
|Post-Graduate Student||5 Books||15 Days|
|Academic Staff||7 Books||30 Days|
|Academic Staff(Part-time/ Visiting)||7 Books||15 Days|
|Officer||5 Books||15 Days|
|General Staff||2 Books||7 Days|
1. Fines for Overdue Materials:
2. Fines for Loss of Materials:
1. Clients must bring along their campus card when entering and staying in the Ishak Shari Resource Centre.
2. Clients should behave courteously while at the resource centre.
3. Clients need to observe the Dress Code of The National University of Malaysia.
4. In the resource centre, clients are PROHIBITED to :
5. Clients must place the books that have been used at Temporary Shelves.
6. Clients who make photocopies are fully responsible for matters related to COPYRIGHT ACT.
7. Clients are not permitted to borrow resource centre books/ materials by using other client’s card. Clients are not permitted to bring out resource centre books borrowed by other clients. Otherwise, those books/ materials will be detained until they are claimed by the actual borrower.
8. Children are not permitted to enter the resource centre areas.
9. Booking for seats is not permitted.
10. Resource centre clients are responsible for their own belongings brought into the centre. The resource centre is not responsible for any loss or theft.
11. Academic staff going on study / sabbatical leave overseas SHOULD return all books / materials borrowed from the resource centre before leaving.
12. UKM students who are on suspended period of their studies or have been terminated are not allowed to keep any books / materials borrowed from the resource centre.
13. Resource centre staff have the right to check all clients’ bags when entering and leaving the resource centre if necessary.
Ishak Shari Resource Centre
Institut Kajian Malaysia dan Antarabangsa,
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia,
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor
Tel: +603-8921 5584 Faks: +603-8926 1022