KANEKA Corporation Fellowship Program
The UKM-KANEKA Corporation Fellowship Program is a research fellowship program for ASEAN scholars to promote discourse and exchange of thoughts, as well as strengthening relations, among scholars in ASEAN region countries.
Candidates are expected:
- Doing research and publication activities at the Institute of Malaysian and International Studies (IKMAS) and other faculties/institutes in UKM, especially those involved with regional studies and international studies;
- Enhancing knowledge and understanding of the developments and perspectives of ASEAN member countries in addressing current issues by involving scholars invited in a series of lectures/talks on economic, political, cultural or social developments in their respective countries to UKM academics (lecturers/students) in particular and Malaysian society in general.
- Candidates must have a progress research on ASEAN.
- Candidates are from ASEAN countries.
- A Ph.D holder.
- There is no age restriction for entry.
The fellowship will be from 1st Oct 2023 – 31st Oct 2023 ( 1 month)
- Application deadline:
- 15 June 2023
- Shortlisting of candidates:
- 17 July 2023
- Please submit the following mandatory documents for your application:
- 1-page write-up of your existing research topic and expected deliverable from the fellowship;
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages);
- Copy of your PhD certificate;
- You may attach any other documents to support your application.
- Please submit your application to Dr. Norinah Mohd Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisting of candidates will be done by UKM
All documents submitted must be in English.
- Conducting research in UKM for one month
- Engaging IKMAS fellows
- Presenting a seminar based on research conducted
- Publishing at least one Scopus-indexed journal with IKMAS fellows
Candidates will be based in UKM, Malaysia.
- Return flight ticket for candidates;
- Accommodation in UKM/near UKM;
- Publication reward upon successful published an article in at least Scopus indexed journal.
All works produced during the fellowship program shall abide by the rules of UKM.