- Develops miniature sensor and actuator systems using microfabrication.
- Research areas:MEMS wafer level packaging, RF MEMS, BioMEMS, and biometrics extraction.
- Focus: creating high-performance, low-cost sensors and actuators for automotive, telecommunications, and biomedical applications.
- Project outcomes: commercialized products, academic knowledge, and skilled labor development.
Prof. Dato` Dr. Burhanuddin Yeop Majlis, (MEMS/ NEMS technology, Microelectronics and microfabrication, MEMS microstructure and sensing devices, RF MEMS and BIOMEMS, Lab-on Chip and MBE technology)
- Prof. Dr. Dee Chang Fu, (Nanowires, CNT and GaAs technology)
- Prof. Dr. Azrul Azlan Hamzah, (MEMS/NEMS Microfabrication and packagi
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jumril Yunas, (MEMS/NEMS devices and technology, Micro-sensors and actuators, Lab-on Chip, RF (radio frequency) devices
- Dr. Abdul Rahman Mohmad, (III-V Compound Semiconductor)
- Prof. Dr. Mohd Ambri Mohamed, (Carbon electronics, III-V Semiconductors, MBE technology, Spintronics)
- Assoc Prof. Dr. Siow Kim Shyong, (Plasma modifications, electronics packaging (sintering), patent analytic)
- Dr. Rhonira Latif, (MEMS, Micro-sensors, RF devices and biomimicking devices)
- Dr. Muhamad Ramdzan Buyong, (MEMS and NEMS, MIcrofabrication technology)
- Dr. Mohd. Farhanulhakim Mohd. Razip Wee, (Semiconductor technology, Micro and nanoelectronics materials)
- Dr. Ooi Poh Choon (Nanomaterials, Polymer electronics devices, Non-volatile memory, Nanogenerator, Gas sensor)
- Dr. Muhammad Aniq Shazni (Nanomaterials, compound semiconductors, nanofabrication, strain-pressure sensor and gas sensor)
- RF MEMS and RFIC
- MEMS Loudspeakers and microphones
- MEMS Microgenerators
- MEMS Sensor and actuators
- MEMS Microfluidics
- MEMS Micropumps, Microvalves and Microneedles
- Biocell Filters, separators and detectors
- Nano Lab-on-Chip
- Nanotube and Nanowires
- Graphene based NEMS devices