These programs are conducted by writing a thesis/dissertation only. Throughout the period of study, candidates will be guided by the Faculty’s Academician either as a Supervisor, Joint Supervisors or a member of the Graduate Supervisory Committee, to write a thesis/ dissertation. The areas of specialization of research offered are as follows:
Mode of Study: Research
Registration Status: Full Time & Part Time
A career in Law is intellectually challenging, financially rewarding & personally fulfilling. Law is not just about rules & regulation. Law is also about rights, justice & understanding of human behaviour & society.
The Faculty of Law, UKM has designed postgraduate programmes Doctor of Philosophy (Law) and Master of Laws (LLM) in improving a standard of thoughts, skills & knowledge.
The advantage of postgraduate study is that it allows you to enter employment with additional skills and knowledge. As we specialise in teaching, with a focus on practical problem solving, you’ll develop a formidable range of essential skills that can make all the difference when developing your career.
LIFE AT THE FACULTY
UKM is one of the oldest public universities in Malaysia and was awarded Research University status by the Malaysian Government in 2007. To ensure international recognition, Faculty of Law has collaborated with partner universities from Asia, and Europe to offer Summer Mobility Programmes and jointly research. Our facilities are ready and designated to fulfilled interest in doing research with comfort.
A person who intends to apply for a doctoral programme should have the following
1. Master’s Degree from a University or any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and/ or have accreditation recognized by a foreign Accreditation Body, or an institution with accreditation as prescribed by a programme;
2. Other qualifications equivalent to a masters degree or other qualifications with experience recognised by the Senate; or
3. Student currently pursuing full time master’s programme under sub regulation 6 (a) at the University and recommended by the Faculty’s/ Institute’s Graduate Studies Committee for status conversion to a doctoral programme with approval from the Dean/ Director; or
4. Bachelor Degree with distinction from the University or any institution of higher learning subject to what is prescribed by the Faculty/ Institute and approval by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and/ or with accreditation recognised by a foreign Accreditation Board
5. Any other qualification recognised by the Senate obtained through the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL); or
6. Fulfils other requirements prescribed by the programme (if applicable); and
7. Fulfils requirements of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
a) Obtained TOEFL (550), IELTS(6) or MUET (4) results which fulfil the score or minimum band requirements prescribed by the programme; or
b) For certain programmes, a candidate is required to sit for an English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to achieve the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM) in a maximum period of two (2) semesters before he is allowed to register for the study programme. The candidate shall register as a Non Graduating Student.2. The Faculty/Institute may grant exemption to the requirements specified in subregulation (1) for the international candidate who:
a) will be writing his/her thesis/dissertation in the Malay/ Arabic languages;
b) has the academic qualifications obtained from any local universities recognised by the Senate; or
c) is originally from a country where English is the official language or he/she has the academic qualifications obtained from any higher learning institution which uses English as the medium of instruction.The candidate may be exempted from the requirements stated in subregulation (2), but the candidate shall sit for the English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to obtain the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM).
Please contact Centre for Academic Management for further details:
Tel: +603 8911 8173/ 8027/ 8456
Fax: +603 89118471
Campus : Bangi, Selangor
Faculty : Faculty of Law
Degree : Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Faculty of Law
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor
|Fees||One Year||Two Years (Indonesian Only)|
|Visa Fee (according to country – not exceeding RM 50)||50.00 (max)||30.00|
|Service Tax (6%)||78.60||77.40|
All in Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
|Canada||Burkina Faso Burundi||Democratic||Guinea-Bissau Ghana||Nigeria Rwanda Western Sahara|
|Colombia||Central African Republic||Cote D’Ivoire||Mali||Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia|
|Angola||Republic Congo Republic||Eritrea||Mozambique|
|Saudi Arabia||British C.I||Europe||Portugal C.I||Vietnam|
|Japan||South Korea||Macao||Hong Kong|
|Fee for other countries|