Master of Philosophy (Social Work)
- Bachelor's Degree of Social Work from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or equivalent from any institution of higher education recognized by the Senate with good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Bachelor's Degree from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia or equivalent from any institution of higher education recognized by the Senate with good Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA)
- Other qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree and experience in the relevant field (minimum 5 years) recognised by the Senate.
- Accepted candidates may be required to take prerequisite courses before being accepted into the Master of Philosophy (Social Work) subjected to satisfactory academic progress.
Requirement for International students:
- International candidates must meet minimum English language requirements: TOEFL 550, OR IELTS band 6, OR pass English proficiency test in UKM.
- Candidate from an English-speaking background or who had complete their High School or Graduated from English-speaking countries are EXEMPTED from the English Language Requirements
- International candidates are also required to enrol in two courses of four(4) units of Bahasa Melayu as determined by the University. The exemption can be granted to the candidates that had the proof of enrolment in the equivalent Bahasa Melayu course organized by other bodies that are recognized by UKM.
- SKPW1013 Introduction to Social Work
- SKPW1023 Human Behaviour and Social Environment
- SKPW1123 Theories in Social Work
- SKPW2023 Social Work Practice
Our research focuses on the themes Mental Health, High Risk Groups (young offenders, prisoners, drug abusers), Vulnerable Groups (children, people with disabilities, elderly, refugees), Domestic Violence, Prevention & Treatments, Crisis Management, Social Care, Economic & Social Change, Inequalities, Justice & Power, and Contemporary Professionalism.
The Faculty offers the following structure of postgraduate programmes either on a full-time or part-time basis: click here