Provide a vehicle for research activities among academic staff and students at the graduate level, in line with the status of UKM as a Research University. Focus of study is the initial exploration of a more comprehensive study.
Islam Hadhari courses offered by the School of General Studies, UKM and academicians as well as from the center. This course aims to apply the concept of Islam Hadhari to the students at the university.
Seminars, Workshops, Discourse and Forum
The purpose of the organization of the conference is to disseminate information and expand the findings obtained from the results that have been and will be conducted. In addition, seminars, discourses, and the forum is intended to apply and enhance understanding of Islam Hadhari.
Among HADHARI contribution to the development of knowledge is through media publications such as journals, books, monographs, research reports and seminar proceedings, and the Bulletin of the Institute. Starting in 2008, Jurnal Hadhari will be undertaken for publication of 2 issues per year in collaboration with the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM).
Consultation and Cooperation Network
HADHARI will endeavor to collaborate with the research and scholarly activities of academic institutions at national, regional and international.
Collaboration at national level:
- Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM)
- Jabatan Hal Ehwal Khas (JASA), Kementerian Penerangan Malaysia
- Yayasan Dakwah Islam Malaysia (YADIM)
- Yayasan Pembangunan Ekonomi Islam Malaysia (YAPEIM)
- Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM)
- Pertubuhan Kebajikan Islam Malaysia (PERKIM)
Collaboration at international level:
- Islamic Foundation, United Kingdom
- Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), USA
- America Muslim Social Sciences Society (AMSSS),USA
- Islamic Educational, Scientific And Culture Organization, (ISESCO),OIC
- Institute of Advanced Studies, United Nations University., Yokohama, Jepun
- Institute of Islamic Area Studies, Waseda University
Syeikh Abdullah Fahim Chair
Chair of Islamic scholars to be located in this HADHARI intended to house the nation's foremost scholars in the institute will conduct research in the field of Islamic civilization. On July 1, 2008, Dato 'Dr. Ismail Hj Ibrahim was appointed as the first chair holder. He is a former Malaysian Ambassador to Saudi Arabia.