On the 22nd September 2011, an oath taking ceremony was held specially for the new students. The ceremony took place at TIBE hall. This event was also an event to welcome the newcomers and it involved students, lecturers as well as staffs of Faculty of Pharmacy. Besides, a representative from Malaysian Pharmaceutical Society (MPS) attended the event too with the purpose of supporting, encouraging and welcoming the new pharmacy students. Persatuan Mahasiswa/si Fakulti Farmasi (PMFFAR) organized this ceremony in collaboration with the Pharmacy Faculty to make this ceremony a sweet success. It started off with opening ceremony and a speech by our Dean, Prof. Dr. Ibrahim bin Jantan. The leader for the oath taking ceremony was Aminur Anuar bin Abd. Rahman. The Oath Taking Ceremony was held to make sure the new students remember the promises they made to themselves, lecturers and families. According to the oath :
The students promised to become a knowledgeable, good-mannered and professional student.
- They promised to obey the God and take care of their behaviour.
- They will increase their knowledge all the way through their studies as a pharmacy student to serve the community in the future.
- They will always alert about the current issues happened to increase their professionalism efficiency.
- They will obey the law that control the pharmacy profession and will support the law.
- They will take responsibility to serve the best services after they succeeded.
At the end of the event, Prof. Ibrahim also passed a laboratory coat to the class representative of the new students, Syafiq Basyar. It was a symbol of the promises by the new students to equip themselves well from the four year course in order to be outstanding pharmacists in future. This event was a meaningful for every new students as it was a baby-step for themselves to start their lives as pharmacists. Best of luck!