with specialization in :
Mode of Study: Research
Registration Status: Full Time & Part Time (for local candidates only), Full Time (for international candidates)
Faculty of Health Sciences offers a balanced of study and research to graduate students who intended to pursue their study at Masters and Doctor of Philosophy levels. As a leader in teaching, learning, research, and innovation in the field of Health Sciences, we offer comprehensive postgraduate study packages through 23 undergraduate and doctoral programs.
Grow your career to the next level by following our graduate programs. We have everything you need to move forward in your career especially in the field of Health Sciences. All graduate courses developed are to meet the needs of industry and professional bodies. FSK has close relations with industry, government bodies, and various related institutions.The programs that were developed are also led and delivered by expert and internationally recognized academic staff. Students also have the opportunity to work with renowned FSK researchers. FSK also encourages multidisciplinary research and has innovative potential that is recognized in Malaysia as well as internationally.
LIFE AT THE FACULTY
The Faculty of Health Sciences in UKM offer postgraduate programmes such as Masters and Doctor of Philosophy throughout the year. In the first semester, all postgraduate students will be required to register for a statistic course and for international students they have to pass a Bahasa Malaysia course. The Faculty of Health Sciences is renowned for its numerous research opportunities, up to date programmes, and various student-led activities. Students will be exposed to the tight-knit health campus members, with opportunities to connect with peers from other health background programs. The campus is located strategically in the heart of Kuala Lumpur which offers students an opportunity to experience life in the capital city of Malaysia. Various facilities including the library, cafeterias and student lounges are available for students to study, to have discussion sessions with their peers or to have a break in between lectures. Student accommodation is located near Taman Tasik Tititwangsa, an urban recreational park spreading across an area of 95 hectares with 57 hectares of lake. Students will able relax or exercise at the park if they require a change of scenery.
A person who intends to apply for a doctoral programme should have the following
1. Master’s Degree from a University or any institution of higher learning recognized by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and/ or have accreditation recognized by a foreign Accreditation Body, or an institution with accreditation as prescribed by a programme;
2. Other qualifications equivalent to a masters degree or other qualifications with experience recognised by the Senate; or
3. Student currently pursuing full time master’s programme under sub regulation 6 (a) at the University and recommended by the Faculty’s/ Institute’s Graduate Studies Committee for status conversion to a doctoral programme with approval from the Dean/ Director; or
4. Bachelor Degree with distinction from the University or any institution of higher learning subject to what is prescribed by the Faculty/ Institute and approval by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and/ or with accreditation recognised by a foreign Accreditation Board
5. Any other qualification recognised by the Senate obtained through the Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL); or
6. Fulfils other requirements prescribed by the programme (if applicable); and
7. Fulfils requirements of the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
a) Obtained TOEFL (550), IELTS(6) or MUET (4) results which fulfil the score or minimum band requirements prescribed by the programme; or
b) For certain programmes, a candidate is required to sit for an English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to achieve the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM) in a maximum period of two (2) semesters before he is allowed to register for the study programme. The candidate shall register as a Non Graduating Student.2. The Faculty/Institute may grant exemption to the requirements specified in subregulation (1) for the international candidate who:
a) will be writing his/her thesis/dissertation in the Malay/ Arabic languages;
b) has the academic qualifications obtained from any local universities recognised by the Senate; or
c) is originally from a country where English is the official language or he/she has the academic qualifications obtained from any higher learning institution which uses English as the medium of instruction.The candidate may be exempted from the requirements stated in subregulation (2), but the candidate shall sit for the English Proficiency Test (EPT) and if he/she fails to obtain the level specified by the programme, the candidate is required to attend and pass the English Proficiency Module (EPM).
Please contact Centre for Academic Management for further details:
Tel: +603 8911 8173/ 8027/ 8456
Fax: +603 89118471
This program is unique and well established. The supervisors are the experts in the niche field and the knowledge and experience gained will benefit the candidate’s future career.
Campus : Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, Kuala Lumpur
Faculty : Faculty of Health Sciences
Degree : Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Faculty of Health Sciences
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz,
50300, Kuala Lumpur
|Two Years (Indonesian Only)
|Visa Fee (according to country – not exceeding RM 50)
|Service Tax (6%)
All in Ringgit Malaysia (RM)
|Burkina Faso Burundi
|Nigeria Rwanda Western Sahara
|Central African Republic
|Equatorial Guinea Ethiopia
|Republic Congo Republic
|Fee for other countries