The Health Research Fund was introduced for the first time by UKM’s Faculty of Medicine and is open to all UKM academics, on a competitive basis.
The purpose of this fund is to provide opportunities for all qualified researchers from various faculties at UKM to obtain open research funds. A more extensive and detailed screening process at the university level needs to be done to make this grant competitive. Indirectly it will be taken into account by MyRA
1.3. TERMS OF APPLICATION
1. This grant is open to all active UKM academic staff
2. Involvement of researchers with at least one (1) person from the Faculty of Medicine (if the Project Leader is not from the Faculty of Medicine)
3. The requested allocation ceiling is RM 25,000.00
4. Research themes related to medicine and health
5. Each applicant is allowed to submit only one (1) project application at each grant opening phase.
6. Research project monitoring will be implemented every year
7. Acknowledgments to research grants must be clearly stated in each publication and in the first position.
8. Cross-disciplinary research is encouraged.
1.4. RESEARCH PERIOD
The duration of the project is two (2) years.
ii. Applications must be submitted to the Faculty of Medicine’s SPI at the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org before or on the application deadline as specified. Late applications will not be considered.
1.6. EXPENDITURE RULES
The use of appropriations is permitted for approved items under the following expenditure codes:
a) Vot 21000- Travel and Transportation (Perjalanan dan Pengangkutan)
Mileage claims allowed for students only with the purpose of collecting data and attending conferences. The rate is RM0.40/km. Mileage claim can be requested by filling up the travel claim form stating the project code and signed by the supervisor. The total travel claim must not exceed RM 1,000.00
b) Vot 24000- Rental (Sewaan)
Rental is allowed for space rental, inventory and other item directly related for research.
c) Vot 27000- Research Supplies and Materials (Bekalan dan Bahan Penyelidikan)
Chemicals and consumable research supplies.
d) Vot 29000- Specialty Services (Perkhidmatan Ikhtisas)
1. Treatment and tests involving UKMMC patients dedicated to research. Rates are according to charges approved by UKMMC (charging rate can be referred to Unit Hasil & Taksiran, Jabatan Kewangan, PPUKM). Please state details of the treatment/test.
2. Token/honorarium to respondents is allowed (rate is maximum RM 25 only per respondents). The total token/honorarium payment must not exceed RM1, 000.00.
e. Expenses NOT funded under the Health research Fund
1.7 RESEARCH RESULTS
Researchers need to produce one (1) article in the WOS Indexed Journal (Q1-Q4). Researchers should place the acknowledgment to the Health Research Fund first in the publication manuscript.
a) Health Research Fund applications will be assessed by a panel of assessors from various fields appointed by the Faculty of Medicine
b) The decision of the evaluation panel is final
3.1 NOTIFICATION OF DECISIONS
a) For approved projects, an approval letter will be issued to the project leader and the project will be registered in SMPU
4.1. PROGRESS REPORT
a) Delivery of progress reports is through SMPU. Each project leader is responsible for ensuring that progress reports are submitted according to the established schedule.
b) Progress reports should be sent in January and July every year.
The progress report of each project is managed through a process that has been set in SMPU. Failure to comply with the specified delivery period will result in system restrictions on the project allocation until this progress report is submitted and certified by the Faculty / Institute / Center.
4.2. FINAL REPORT
The final report must be submitted within three (3) months after the end date of the project. Delivery of the final report is through the University Research Information System (SMPU).